IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - The Top 100 keeps rolling along.....

RSS Bot

36)Tempest-One of Atari's best known arcade games.Tempest when it came out was like no other.Control a almost U-shaped device that sits on a edge of a grid that sits in space.Shoot at incoming foes and avoid spikes as you clear the grid to move on to the next.If you want a real treat play Tempest 3000 on the Atari Jaguar.It plays the same but the tecno music and pretty colors makes for a great "update"to this classic.

37)SplatterHouse-This game had to been inspired by all of thoses Friday the 13th movies.You play a young hero who wares the mystic "Terror Mask"(A red hockey mask)and must work his way thru the infamous SplatterHouse to rescure his grilfriend from the evil force that holds her captive.The visuals for this game are colorful and bright and the monsters are a perfect fit to the theme of this game.I have played this one on both the Turbo-16 and the arcade and 2 more follow ups were made for the Sega Genesis.Good campy fun to be had here.

38)River Raid-This game really made a name for itself on the Atari 2600 but has been done for other "classic"game systems.I really perfer the 5200 version myself but they all play pretty much the same.Pliot a jetfighter up a river picking up fuel along the way and blasting at enemy forces.This game plays and looks just soild.Always a top choice with Atari gamers.

39)Legendary Axe 2-This Turbo-16 title really blew me away when i played it so many years ago.I played on a friends emulator not long ago and i was still impressed with it.Play a Axe using warrior as you battle your way thru diffrent levels slaying other warriors and monsters alike.Fun basic simple strait forward game play and some sweet graphics and sounds makes this a personal favorite of mine.

40)Castlevania:Dracula X-This import only title is in my opinion the best Castlevania game ever made.The sad thing is only afew people here the U.S have ever played it.I was lucky anuff to have a friend who owns a copy of this awesome game for his PC-Duo/Turbo-Duo.Play as another Belmont in the long-line of famous Belmont vampire hunters.Classic Castlevania gameplay with a few tricks thrown in(a backflip for one thing)and some amazing music and voice(the opening is voiced in German)and this CD game title is the stuff of legend.The PS1 Castlevania:SOTN is this game's follow up and is great but just not as great as this one.

Thats it this round.10 more untill i hit the 50 mark!I hope you are enjoying the list so far.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2569