IGNORED

Flack's Daily Smack - Boba Tea

RSS Bot

bubble_tea_3.jpg

I first heard about Boba Tea earlier this year when my friend Justin mentioned trying it to me. Justin lives in Dallas; it takes a while for these trends to migrate to Oklahoma. Later in the year, other friends of mine (Pantechnicon and Ubikuberalles, both from Albequerque) also mentioned Boba Tea in their blogs. Finally, the excitement that is Boba Tea has arrived in Oklahoma.

I'm guessing more than a few of you are now wondering, "what is Boba Tea?" Apparently, "boba" is black, gummy tapioca balls -- ergo, boba tea is tea with these tiny balls dumped into the bottom of your cup. So saying "I had boba tea" really means nothing, because you could have had any kind of tea. You can have iced tea, green tea, jasmine tea, whatever. Or, you could have a fruit drink with boba in the bottom of it. Or, a smoothie, or a coffee, or a frozen drink, or whatever. So boba is kind of like, "ice." Saying you had an "iced drink" isn't specific enough.

Me? I had the "Rocky Road Bobaccino", a cappuccino that included rocky road ice cream, marshmellows, almonds, whipped cream, and of course, "boba." And how was it? Just like an ice cream shake with cappuccino and little chewy black balls in the bottom of it. Uneventful, in my opinion. After all the buildup I found the "boba" added very little to the experience. It wasn't bad, it wasn't good, it was just different. It's like having someone ask you, "so, how was the ice in your drink?" Icy, I suppose.

Sorry guys. I didn't hate it, it just wasn't that exciting.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2582