IGNORED

Rambling With Rogmeister - First Game Purchases of 2007

RSS Bot

I made my first purchases of 2007 yesterday. Hold on!, you say...yesterday (and even today) was still 2006 so how could you have bought your first purchases of 2007 yesterday? Wouldn't they be the final purchases of 2006? Well, yes and no...I ordered them online...so technically, I paid for them in 2006 but I won't receive them until a week or so in January and I always count when I receive something as when I "buy" it. Actually, they'll all arrive separately as I bought each from a different seller via Amazon.com's Marketplace program...I think it's interesting that, when I decide to buy something like this that I don't even consider going to eBay anymore. Maybe I don't get quite as good a bargain as I would at eBay (though sometimes I do) but I also feel easier about such orders, knowing that Amazon is watching over things.

I'd only bought 3 GameCube titles all of 2006 and decided I'd like to buy more in 2007 (even though the system is nearly dead now)...I just like the system and those cute mini-discs. So I went to a gaming board and found a "Favorite GameCube Titles" thread and read through that while checking game prices at Amazon.com. I wound up ordering 5 titles, only one of which cost me over eighteen and a half dollars (including shipping), two of which cost me under $15. I just wish I could've found more variety in my choices...I wound up ordering a pair of games where you're riding a board and a pair of FPS games. Here's what I have coming...

1. 1080 Snowboarding--I think Nintendo themselves made this snowboarding game. January seems a good time to be playing this kind of game, even though my area hasn't had any snow to speak of so far this winter.

2. Red Faction 2--I once had this futuristic FPS game and sold it without really giving it a chance. So I'm going to try again.

3. Serious Sam: The Next Encounter--Yet another FPS, but one with some humor to it and a unique look.

4. Go! Go! Hypergrind! is a skateboarding game, and not an ultra-realistic one.

5. Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door--I guess I'm surprised I haven't bought this yet, being the Mario fan that I am, but I never really "got" the whole Paper Mario thing. I guess now I'll have to try.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2630