IGNORED

jboypacman's Blog - 50 down and 50 to go.

RSS Bot

Well gang it is the start of a new year and i have already knockout 50 of my favorite games before 2007.So with the start of January its time to get the Top 100 rolling along again.So enjoy.....

51)Double Dragon-A classic side-scolling beat'em up.Play the roles of Jimmy and Billy as they make there way thru the criminal infested city.Battling various badguys working there way to save the damsel in distress,Marion.Use your fist and feet as well as various other items(Trashcan,Baseball bat,Chain,ect.).Great arcade classic and has seen life on many home video game systems as well.

52)Gauntlet-Multi-player(4)over-head action/adventure game that was mega popular in the arcades when it first came out.There has been many home conversions of this classic and for the most part all have been pretty faithful.Take up the role of a Wizard,Elf,Warrior,or Valkrie as you travel deeper and deeper into a dark dungeon full of monsters.Dont shoot your food or other items."Wizard needs food badly"ah,the memories.

53)Wizard of Wor-Man,remember the first time i played the Atari 2600 version of this great Arcade game.It was during summer break from school and my friend Jimmy and his sister had just bought this game and another CBS electronics game Solar Fox.I remember trying but caring less about Solar Fox but being just hooked on Wizard of Wor.It remined so much of Pac-Man for the 2600 but much cool.Move about in a maze filled with monsters and use your"gun"to blast them away.Watch out for invisible monsters and the Wizard of Wor himself.

54)Dragon's Lair-I remember first seeing this legendary arcade game at a local Chuck E. Cheese as a kid and i was just amazed by it."Its a cartoon that you can play!"i said some to the effect of.Play as Dirk the Daring a knight on a quest to rescue the damsel in distress from the evil dragon living inside a dark castle.The challenges you to work your way thru various screens over coming diffrent obstacles and a few monsters.This game is well remembered by all who have played it.

55)Congo Bongo-I remember wanting this game so bad as a kid after seeing the ads for it on TV."Its a 3d Donkey Kong"i thought to myself "Its got to be awesome"was another thought i had.Well,it is a awesome game and is one of my favorites.The Colecovision version really shines over the 2600 and 7800 versions but they arent that bad but i do feel they could of been slightly better.And of the arcade version rules.Control a jungle explorer as he tries to work his way thru various levels of game play.Watch out for monkeys,alligators,and other jungle beast and obstacles.And dont forget the big monkey either.Some good fun to be had here.

The first 5 of the now Top 50 for the new year.I will get this Top 100 done yet.lol.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2642