I ordered a couple USB-C to mini DisplayPort adapters to use my existing cables to connect the Studio to my 4K monitors.
AtariAge is noticeably more responsive on the Studio, I was not expecting that.
Like I did with classic Doctor Who, I've been doing a rewatch of Star Trek in air date order. I'm currently in season 6 of The Next generation, just a few episodes from when Deep Space Nine begins, so have been ripping my Deep Space Nine DVDs. Since I had everything handy I decided to run a test of converting an episode.
Handbrake results on Mac Pro:
on Mac Studio:
The Studio has been running a bunch of background tasks, such as the initial spotlight indexing and first Time Machine backup, so I plan run another test tomorrow to see if performance improves.
Screenshots are different sizes because my Mac Pro is now hooked up to a 1080p display.