I wasn't quite happy with how I was handling colors in the last build using drop down menus. I also didn't like being limited to a subset of colors. I'm much happier with the color palette and being able to visually see the changes as it looks a lot closer to actual game play.
- You can edit energy dots, dot color, and outer maze color in 7800 Pac-man!
- I've changed the font for dots and energy dots to look more like the actual game.
- Colors are now implemented for the inner maze, outer maze, and dots.
- Colors combination's are now unlimited and you can select from a color palette.
- Plus button for editing the Plus options for Pac-man Collection
This is what it looks like now.
- Can't change the outer color for the original 7800 Pac-man rom. I just haven't been able to find the location
- Copy/Paste is flaky. For small sections it works fine, but for larger portions the last row wraps to the top? I hate these type of bugs because it takes me stepping through every line to figure out where it breaks...
Once I clear up the remaining issues, I'll start taking a look at sprite editing. I know where they are stored in the rom. I'm not sure how well I will be able to represent all the sprites though. There are good sprite hacking tools out there anyway...