IGNORED

Cleveland CCAG Show May 26th

Albert

ccag.jpgThe 2007 Classic Computer and Gaming Show is taking place Saturday, May 26th at the American Legion Hall in Fairview Park, Ohio. CCAG gatherings are free to all who attend, and if you're into classic games and computers and are in the area, you'll want to be sure to stop by and have some fun! Vendors, clubs, and collectors will be displaying and selling their retrogaming and retrocomputing goods, from Pong and Atari to Nintendo, Apple and IBM to Commodore and everything in between with many set up for you to play with and explore. AtariAge will be in attendance with a selection of homebrew games for purchase and several game systems setup so you can experience the newest games for your favorite classic systems. You can learn more about the event by visiting the CCAG website at www.ccagshow.com.

I'm really looking forward to this show. It's these kinds of smaller shows where you find those odd ball items and rarities at really great items. The larger shows tend to have too many professional dealers who sell things at ebay prices. Maybe I'll find some Coleco Adam stuff again?

Tempest

I donated a copy of my Pacman4K game for their auction. No other carts authorized be me will be made of this 4K game. All proceeds will go to the show. You can read more about it and see pictures in this blog entry.

Does that mean you'll be at the show?

Nah, too far of a drive. We (my wife and I) made that drive back in 2K1. It was LONG!! We did stop at Kings Island on our way back to Georgia for one ride on the roller coaster before the rain soaked us :lol:

The 2K1 show was the first classic gaming event I ever attended. I sent them a copy of Pacman4K just to say thank you for my 2K1 memories.

I went to the show today. I got to meet albert but he had no clue who I was but it was still cool. I even bought a few HB colecovision games from AA. It was alot bigger than I thought. To bad the rarest 2600 game i seen was cakewalk. All n All it was a good show. My wife even enjoyed going.

Jim

I donated a copy of my Pacman4K game for their auction. No other carts authorized be me will be made of this 4K game. All proceeds will go to the show. You can read more about it and see pictures in this blog entry.

I wonded it. The precious is mines! And I gotsded to meet Albert too!

Congrads!!

Jim

I just got home about 10 min ago. I had alot of fun at the show, although it seemed to end all too early...

Somehow I ended up with:

- A Mac 512K complete with manuals and original disks (yes, the original Macintosh)

- Mountain King, Boulders and Bombs, and Castle Hassle all boxed for the Atari 8-bit

- 3 disk holders full of C-64, Apple II, and Atari disks (at least we think that's what they're for)

- A non-yellowed SNES case (Finally!)

- Family Feud for the ADAM (one of the few ADAM tapes I was missing)

- Fighters History Dynamite for the Neo Geo MVS

- Super Snapshot cart for the C-64 (thought it was for the Atari, but oh well)

and some other misc. stuff. Not a bad hull. I'm actually looking forward to playing with the Mac, but first I need to find a new mouse for it since the one it came with had its cord cut.

I had fun meeting everyone from the boards and just hanging out playing some really cool skeeball bowling game they had in the bar (I'd never seen one of those before).

Tempest

I just got home about 10 min ago. I had alot of fun at the show, although it seemed to end all too early...

Somehow I ended up with:

- A Mac 512K complete with manuals and original disks (yes, the original Macintosh)

- Mountain King, Boulders and Bombs, and Castle Hassle all boxed for the Atari 8-bit

- 3 disk holders full of C-64, Apple II, and Atari disks (at least we think that's what they're for)

- A non-yellowed SNES case (Finally!)

- Family Feud for the ADAM (one of the few ADAM tapes I was missing)

- Fighters History Dynamite for the Neo Geo MVS

- Super Snapshot cart for the C-64 (thought it was for the Atari, but oh well)

and some other misc. stuff. Not a bad hull. I'm actually looking forward to playing with the Mac, but first I need to find a new mouse for it since the one it came with had its cord cut.

I had fun meeting everyone from the boards and just hanging out playing some really cool skeeball bowling game they had in the bar (I'd never seen one of those before).

Tempest

Not a bad hull there Tempest. You got some nice stuff.... :)

I enjoyed the show very much. There was mor than I expected, and the vendors had good prices. I got some great deals towards the end of the show. I mananged to snag eight 5200 games for 50 cents a piece. I also got Rampage and Hard Driv'n for Lynx for 8 bucks each. I saw Al, and met Tempest for the first time. Show pictures attached.

Cheers!

post-2784-1180266532_thumb.jpg

post-2784-1180266683_thumb.jpg

post-2784-1180266565_thumb.jpg

post-2784-1180266589_thumb.jpg

post-2784-1180266630_thumb.jpg

post-2784-1180266665_thumb.jpg

post-2784-1180266713_thumb.jpg

I had a great time at the show yesterday and just wanted to say thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello and/or introduce yourselves. I met a fair number of people from the forum for the first time yesterday--there are quite a few classic gaming fans in and around Cleveland!

Now I have to focus on getting ready for the Midwest Gaming Classic in less than two weeks! :)

..Al

I wonded it. The precious is mines! And I gotsded to meet Albert too!

Congratulations!! I hope you enjoy playing it as much as I do.

HA HA!!!

I met Albert and Tempest myself.

I meant to buy Quest for Quin Roo from Albert...but didn't ;-(

I got Star Wars : The Arcade Game....so I was pretty excited. Got 6 other games as well.

I tried to get that frickin pac-man....I had twelve tickets in the cup. I should of flooded it with tickets!!!

Oh well, such is life.

That little girl in the above photos playing pinball is my daughter!!!!!

Overall, alot of nice people and a real good time.

It's funny how you meet people from the board and have no idea who they are until they mention their screen name. I had three or four people come up to me yesterday and say "Hi, my name is so-and-so" and I just gave them a blank look until they said "XYZ from AtariAge" then it was like instant recognition.

On a side note, it looks like my Apple IIe mouse is 100% compatible with the Mac so I lucked out. The color is a bit different (Platinum vs Cream), but a simple case swap will fix that.

Tempest

Yeah I saw Al,Tempest and Sniderman but the rest of you guys I don't know by face.

Alan, "Pitfall Harry" Hewston here.

I'm not one to post here very often, but since I was at the show (been to all of the CCAG shows to date), I figured I'd post. And now that I started, I cannot stop myself, so here goes a full blown report.

Didn't get to meet you BuyAtari - or did I and did not know you by another name.

And . . .did not meet Tempest either - or did I?

I know that Steve Tucker (Atarimax.com) was planning to come, but he never said hello, so once again, I know the guy, but still never met him in person.

I was only in my Pitfall Harry Atari2600 costume a bit (maybe 10 minutes total), so you probably missed seeing me as such, but it was there on my table all day, grabbing a few snapshots from fans.

Great job by Jim and Tom for securing a site when our usual site dumped us with not much time left on the clock. We went from canceling or at best a 5/6 month delay, to holding the show as planned on the same date, at a much better site. Only drawback was tables were not FREE. But in the past we always donated about the same amount to the show as we did this year when buying the tables. So that was effective - about the same and tables easily sold out. The location alone probably brought in 25 more gamers, being near to NASA and the Cleveland Hopkins Airport.

OK, here's a roll call of who was there.

I saw show staples . . . Tom McLaren (Show Host, Digital Dinos - but the Dinos were missing), Jim Krych, (show co-host, Mr. Devestator, Treyonics and co-Author of "From Neptune to Earth" - which Jim autographed FREE), Mike Gideon (great guy and owner of VideogameConnection.com NE Ohio's Premiere Classic VG store), Fred Horvat (FMH Games), Tim "Sniderman" Snider, Mike White (Mr. Astrocade from MI - helped me to sell 3 systems - using his TV), Brian B and NES World, Matt Gauslin (from Cinci), Rob R. (who annually makes a nice trade for me so that I can then review that title I get from him in the Retrogaming Times Monthly's Many Faces of reviews),

Chuck "Pac-Man" Amicone (who's wife and daughter made it there and got into the murals - see below), Mike Winzinek (made our yearly trade of 2-10 NES carts - swap dupes to gradually fill holes).

Gameroom Magazine and Game Over! (From Florida) were there again. Reel Pinball (possibly their first trip - not sure). We also saw the Atari Comp Enthusiasts of Columbus (show up with some neat stuff - plug their show is in September), Matt (Osmodiar Games was back again). And last but not least, Albert Yarusso (AtariAge our most well-know dealer ever - of course, now lives in NE Ohio - made his 1st CCAG. I made sure that he did not miss out on tables, and he helped a bunch with FREE advertising).

Plus a handful more collectors and dealers who I do not know as well, but many I recognize from past shows. There were several regular visitors like Richard Sweatman (probably has the largest collection of - you name it for VG - in Ohio), and several friends from NASA who come every year. I'm sure I forgot a few people and dealers, but it is late and I should be in bed now, if it weren't for the holiday tomorrow - oops already today.

For myself.

I traded about $150 worth of stuff (I've usually done better) and sold just a bit more than last year for a new personal best $ amount. I don't have much rare stuff, dn't go looking for it as much,

so that makes trades fewer and sales harder to come by and cheaper (per item) than ever before.

So I clearly moved a lot more volume and number of items - my wife likes to see that stuff go away - and never return. This means the turnout was fantastic - or at least it was for me.

Unfortunately I talked to fewer people about games and fun stuff and ended up playing zero new (or any) games. I was just too busy manning the tables nearly all afternoon. That 4 hours went really fast, not to mention the 2.5 hours before and 1.5 after the show that also were a blur. My Son Timmy helped some and my family came for a bit they (stayed almost half the show).

Many thanks to them, especially Mom for helping with my sales.

VG Murals

Hopefully you guys enjoy the CCAG and NE Ohio debut of the Classic VG Murals, Pac-Man and Dig Dug. They were in my attic fro 3.5 years now, after making only one appearance at the final PhilyClassic. I had both of them up for 2+ hours each. The pieces/spots are modular, so I kept moving pieces around to make every photo unique. We easily had 100 photos taken there of fans putting themselves into the game. Cut out for you to put your head into a larger 5' X 6' mural. Where the cutout for your head is roughly the size of Dig Dug and Pac-Man. I’m estimating abut 90 of those photos were me and my family. Not - only kidding. We probably grabbed 15 or so. I forgot to get Albert in a photo, so I hope that he had a chance.

Anyhow, I'll get some of those photos out later. The most fun with the murals was probably had by the part time VG fans or the families and children who might have otherwise been bored, unless they were playing a game. I'll bring them back next year, but boy do those ladders eat up a lot of space in the van. Took out both seats and still filled the van up to the bottom of the windows. Who ever heard of a dealer/collector having 2 large ladders at any Classic VG show. I took 'em to Philly once and now here in Cleveland. I entertained fellow collectors as I played air guitar with the 10' ladder while we cleaned up. Now that's a large instrument!

Thanks

Thanks to several dealers/collectors for setting up trades in advance and a few willing to hold stuff prior to the show, so that we could buy/trade once the show officially started.\

Again, many thanks for the show coordinators.

Welcome

Oh yes. Hello to relatively new classic VG players/collectors Josh and Stacie in NE Ohio who made their first CCAG. We'll try to get together with them and play some games, cookout and swap stuff some time this Summer.

But wait, there’s more.

Checking my email logs - CCAG yearly attendees AtariGreg (unable to come this year), Vince Briel (Replica 1) and Adam Trionfo (Bally Alley) make their regrets as other things came up.

We'll catch them next time. I cannot wait for next year's event. I’m planning to make it to Columbus this year - for my first time. There still could be a late October CCAG 2007 show, take 2 - still TBD. Check back and see.

Regrets

I've still have not gone to the West Coast VGE, where the Digital Press gang have a free pass waiting for me and my wife - if I ever come. Ralph Baer told me when he signed my costume that David Crane heard about my Atari 2600 Pitfall Harry costume and perfect Pitfall Game and wants to meet me and will sign my costume. I should really make an effort to go there. Wife wishes it were back in Vegas. Tom Zjaba still thinks I should sell that costume on ebay. It's worth more now with some autographs.

OK, that's all for this year.

I'll try to get photos out some time soon.

But I was so busy, all I got were photos of folks in my murals.

I'll send them to folks who requested it.

Alan