IGNORED

I found the alternative to eBay for videogames etc. !!!

CPUWIZ

Who's site is that? :?: I think the biggest deal with a new auction site is the lack of users initially. There will be a lack of bidders, so sellers may not take in to sell possibly at a lower price due to lack of notice/bids. And from a bidder's look, new sellers without the reps, so it's an unknown, could be scammers.

You have security issues possibly, how do you go about verifing sellers/buyers will credit cards be needed like on ebay? It's just all very risky starting out. And just the typical website security issues to deal with.

Also multimediaone dude started a videogame auction site recently too:

http://www.videogameauctions.com/

I know some people don't particularly like them thou, it's also something out there... And Curt posted a link to a vintage computer auction site recently that looked kind of cool!

It would be nice to see one of these take off, and become THE videgame auction site over ebay, but that will take some time.

Something that bidville made use of, it's not directly connected with bidville thou, is a feedback checker system, so sellers could link up their feedback from ebay/yahoo to this new site, with their new id, and might would ease some bidders into placing bids.

I think this would need to be really pushed hard over the next 6 months to a couple years if it's to take hold and pan out. Would help out if it was in several of the top gaming mags as well.

Is this your site?

Considering who the sponsers are, this is obviosly being started by someone who is familiar with things. It is going to be a hard to get sellers to start selling unless there is some special promotion for sellers.

There already are alternatives to eBay. There is Yahoo auctions, Half.com, Bidville, shopgoodwill.com, and others. I find it hard to keep up with eBay. Maybe once or twice a month, I will look at the other sites, but I keep going back to eBay because I don't find what I want else where.

The best possibility for a site like this is to sell reproductions and proto's.

Is this your site?

Considering who the sponsers are, this is obviosly being started by someone who is familiar with things.  It is going to be a hard to get sellers to start selling unless there is some special promotion for sellers.  

There already are alternatives to eBay. There is Yahoo auctions, Half.com, Bidville, shopgoodwill.com, and others.  I find it hard to keep up with eBay.  Maybe once or twice a month, I will look at the other sites, but I keep going back to eBay because I don't find what I want else where.

Not my site. ;) I believe Albert will make a major announcement about this website shortly.

Yeah, I know there is other places where you can bid but you won't find any underwear auctions on this site and you most likely won't have to dig through a bunch of punk emu CD's and buttons to actually find what you're looking for. :D

Prototypes etc. are a go here ! I know this already. I believe there will be some promotions coming relatively soon. There is bunches of well known people already signing up for this site. 8)

I have a feeling you know something big that your holding out on right now :ponder:

He does and he started the thread with it. Nobody knows about this yet He let the cat out of the bag. This site is supposed to be the gamers dream. Prototype paradise. Gameing auctions site. I have died and gone to heaven.

Is this your site?

Considering who the sponsers are, this is obviosly being started by someone who is familiar with things.  It is going to be a hard to get sellers to start selling unless there is some special promotion for sellers.  

There already are alternatives to eBay. There is Yahoo auctions, Half.com, Bidville, shopgoodwill.com, and others.  I find it hard to keep up with eBay.  Maybe once or twice a month, I will look at the other sites, but I keep going back to eBay because I don't find what I want else where.

those are buyer alternatives! ;) Goodwill is only for donated items sold thru goodwill. You can't sell there. Also half.com is going bye bye soon. It's an ebay company now, that's being phased out. It won't be around for much longer.

Yahoo & Bidville are both full auction sites just like ebay, only they don't have near as much business as ebay. They are worth a look from time to time, and I have seen you bidding on shopgoodwill & yahoo before too, I have accounts on all and sometimes pick up stuff. I've also tried selling on bidville when it first started, I just let auctions run nonstop for a few months, they would automatically relist. And I started off the pricing fair, like if it were a selling post on these forums, and not just trying to get top dollar, but only received a few bids in a 3-4 month span with probably 50+ auctions running. :| I found it wasn't worth the effort.

If this starts with fees, it will keep some people at bay for fear it's costing them money, and they will not get as much for their stuff as if they had of just threw it up on the bay. If it starts too cheap, you end up with lots of junk auctions that shouldn't be posted in the first place!

Also how do you handle the selling of rom cds? We all despise these, yet I would think the owners of this site would allow vintage game protos and/or homemade repos, that aren't being sold anymore. But it's a questionable call to allow one but not the other! I don't like these romz sellers much, but just these sorts of things to deal with.

Also how do you handle the selling of rom cds?  We all despise these, yet I would think the owners of this site would allow vintage game protos and/or homemade repos, that aren't being sold anymore. But it's a questionable call to allow one but not the other! I don't like these romz sellers much, but just these sorts of things to deal with.

I believe the word I got on that was that people who will try to sell ROM CD's, will loose their accounts rather quickly. :)

I haven't had much luck with the alternatives. eBay is the only one that I have sold items on. I bought 3 items on Yahoo and all 3 were bad transactions. I bought only bought one item on Bidville. I have never bought anything on Goodwill. I have bought several items on half.com, but the last 2 times I bought something on half.com the seller no longer had the item and I was refunded the money.

As a buyer, I will look at other sites. As a seller, it would take some incentive to try selling on another site.