IGNORED

Marble Craze ROM

Paul Slocum

but now M.C. can go onto my CCII along with my other favorite games as well!

That is just what I was thinking. ;) It is deffinitely way too big to play thru a supercharger. :D

From what I can tell on the emulator without a stelladapter, this game is great. I can only imagine what it would be like with original paddles. I don't think the ccII will come soon enough for me.

Thanks Paul!  I have an original cart, of course, but now M.C. can go onto my CCII along with my other favorite games as well!

Do you have the tin ?

The main reason I'v held out so long is because I missed out on one :(

No, no tin unfortunately. :(

Should have said an original AA Marble Craze cart!

Tin... tin... yes the tins are nice, did you sell all of them @ CGE Paul? I think you said you did... just glad I grabbed one there even though the cart was faulty when I got it home (and thankfully Paul was very helpful in getting a working replacement!).

From what I can tell on the emulator without a stelladapter, this game is great. I can only imagine what it would be like with original paddles. I don't think the ccII will come soon enough for me.

I know that buying a game before playing it is tough, but I can't recommend Marble Craze enough. It is absolutely great.

I consider it the second best game for the 2600 behind H.E.R.O.

I will probly buy the cartrige after I try it on the ccII. Then I will also try to snag one of those tins when they come across ebay.

I read thru the instruction book and it doesn't really come out and say if this game is "beatable" or not. It says it has 18 levels and it is nearly impossible to reach 5000 points but it never says if you are rewarded for completing the 18 levels in one game?

I read thru the instruction book and it doesn't really come out and say if this game is "beatable" or not. It says it has 18 levels and it is nearly impossible to reach 5000 points but it never says if you are rewarded for completing the 18 levels in one game?

It is one of those games where you can have a really good round .. then suck the next time! It falls under the category of really hard to beat! High replay value!

I use an inverted washbasin to which I velcro the two paddles (right and front) and that makes for great control!

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

I have owned a copy of Marble Craze for quite some time, but had never taken much time to sit down and play it. My apartment was pretty cramped, and I rarely found enough time to unpack my joysticks and game paddes to go around or two on my VCS.

I moved into the new place last Monday, and I have my own dedicated game room of sorts now, so I have all my games unpacked and can fire it up any time I feel the urge. So today I pulled out Marble Craze and realized what a great game it really is! This game is so innovative and fun, you will want the original cart once you play it. The gameplay is a challenge, but very addictive, and the music is rockin'! So far, I have only made it to level 7 -- yah, I'm pathetic -- but I have had a blast along the way!

I really think that you guys who haven't picked this one up yet, should really think seriously about Stan's offer to reimburse you if you don't fall for the game. I would never push on someone else's offer, but then since I have played it I can only imagine that the no one could push away this fine piece of craftmanship... that is unless that person already has all sorts of mental issues already, in which case Stan's offer should be null and void. ;-)

Disclaimer: This lost child has no bias against people with mental issues. He is only trying to help you. Why waste your time on E.T. or Pacman when you can buy one hell of a game right now on Atariage for the everyday low price of $25.00. Your family and co-workers are sick of you being crabby. You owe it to them and yourself to buy this game NOW... Besides, you could get hit by a large bus in the next year and die a most gruesome death. Your life will be more complete having played this game.

on>

Same with Thrust Plus, right?

Yes, same with all ROMs larger than 4K.

Then explain, why can't I split it up into equal parts of 4k and make a multiload wav to use with a Supercharger? It seems like it would work. Could I upgrade a Supercharger to 32kb? :ponder:

The Supercharger only has 6K, and it's not like the first few levels are stored in the first 4k of the ROM and the next few levels are in the next 4k. The game display code is in one bank, the game logic is in another, the level linkage is in another, the level layouts are in another, etc. The game switches between 4k banks hundreds of time per second.

There's no way to add memory and bankswitching logic to a Supercharger, but a Cuttle Cart is essentially a Supercharger with extra memory.

Glad you guys like the game! :)

-paul

The game ends after level 18 and you get a bonus.  There is some sort of "you won" message -- can't remember exactly what.  Nothing fancy because I wasn't sure if anyone would ever see it.

-paul

typical programmer.... :D :D :D :D :D

YES. YOU MUST OWN MARBLE CRAZE. It has the Stan Guarantee, if you buy Marble Craze, and you don't love it, and don't think its one of the best Atari games ever made, I will buy it from you for the same price you paid for it. Its just that good.

Simply Amazing.

CPUWIZ, I HAVE THAT TIN! It's sweet, but maybe I can get any exact-o and scratch that "Hozer" logo off of there, put a little "Stan Awards" logo on there instead, who the hell would know..... :ponder: :D :D