IGNORED

AtariAge 2006 Midwest Gaming Classic Preview

Albert

mgc.gifThe Midwest Gaming Classic is the Midwest's only all-encompassing electronic gaming event, taking place June 3rd and 4th in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The event features a wide variety of displays, vendors and special attractions for arcade uprights, computers, pinball and home video games from past to present. This year's event boasts 21,000 square feet of space, over 40 arcade and pinball machines, and speakers such as Scott Adams of Adventure International and Benjamin Heckendorn of BenHeck.com. AtariAge is sponsoring and attending the 2006 Midwest Gaming Classic, where we'll be releasing several new games for purchase as well as demonstrating many titles currently in development. You can learn more about what we have in store by visiting our AtariAge 2006 Midwest Gaming Classic Preview page. Hope to see you there!

This looks awesome :-) I know I'll do all I can to be there, if not I'll make sure to get all the games. ALL OF THEM :-) That new puzzle game looks very interesting and the improved wolfenstein is a nice surprise. Conquest of Mars looks just plain great, looks a lot more like the real a8 version. I can't wait to see what other surprises are in store. The demos being shown look great too, can't wait to see 2600 ladybug!

The demos being shown look great too, can't wait to see 2600 ladybug!

At least one more demo will be added (should have it up there tonight), and possibly a few more depending on how much progress some of the authors make between now and the show. It's always nice being able to try out these games on real hardware at a show like this. :)

..Al

How have I managed to not heard of Conquest of Mars before this?

I don't know that it has been publicly discussed before. :)

I hadn't heard of it either - who is the author? All I can see is "Champ Games" on one of the screenshots?

Chris

I hadn't heard of it either - who is the author? All I can see is "Champ Games" on one of the screenshots?

Another fantastic masterpiece from johnnywc of Lady Bug fame! :D

Having played one or the other preview version of this, I can assure everyone that unlike a certain previous release of a similar looking title, this is the real thing now, with everything done right! :)

BTW: That Wolfenstein label looks cool. It's from Dave Dries, or?

how awesome would it be if the facial expressions could stay in game and then the pieces could react to each other with different looks and etc. :-) Then I might get really excited. Don't worry, though, if it makes it to cart, I'll buy it no matter what. I believe in supporting homebrew developers.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going to have a webcam setup at the show, I set it up tonight on one of my computers. You can bookmark the page here:

http://www.atariage.com/features/shows/mgc...iew/webcam.html

It is running at the moment--you can watch me (sometimes) as I prepare for the show. :)

That's awesome. Will you have an archive of these? If so, I'd like to get a copy :)

See you very soon!

I'm going to have a webcam setup at the show, I set it up tonight on one of my computers. You can bookmark the page here:

http://www.atariage.com/features/shows/mgc...iew/webcam.html

It is running at the moment--you can watch me (sometimes) as I prepare for the show. :)

That's awesome. Will you have an archive of these? If so, I'd like to get a copy :)

See you very soon!

I can archive the images, although it will be a metric ton of them since the camera is taking a shot every five seconds. :)

..Al