IGNORED

Sadness

Mendon

Anyone saw or heard much about the upcoming Wii game "Sadness"?? I just read a small description of it for the first time and if this thing is real, this is going to be incredibly intense and a first for Nintendo (a true AO game).

Sadness Teaser Trailer

Quoting a short description I found: The game takes graphics to a whole new level. We play in completely black and white with photrealism! It's like taking pictures of something at six different angles and reproducing a 3D image with it. You'll basically be following this woman's life and all the enemies are based off of slavic legend! The best part of the game is the "every choice has a consequence" sort of deal that is experienced in games such as Fable. According to Nibris the player won't fight every monster seen in the concept art because the choices made reflects what you find in the game. If you throw the rope above a wall instead of going through the tunnel, you may not experience a tramatizing event!

Just curious if anyone else has heard anything about this game?

Mendon

Anyone saw or heard much about the upcoming Wii game "Sadness"?? I just read a small description of it for the first time and if this thing is real, this is going to be incredibly intense and a first for Nintendo (a true AO game).

Sadness Teaser Trailer

Quoting a short description I found: The game takes graphics to a whole new level. We play in completely black and white with photrealism! It's like taking pictures of something at six different angles and reproducing a 3D image with it. You'll basically be following this woman's life and all the enemies are based off of slavic legend! The best part of the game is the "every choice has a consequence" sort of deal that is experienced in games such as Fable. According to Nibris the player won't fight every monster seen in the concept art because the choices made reflects what you find in the game. If you throw the rope above a wall instead of going through the tunnel, you may not experience a tramatizing event!

Just curious if anyone else has heard anything about this game?

Mendon

It does look intense, but it doesn't look any different than many M rated games. I really don't think this game will come out with an AO rating, unless they aren't planning on selling it in North America. No major retailer (and many minor) in North America will sell an AO rated game.

The every choice has a consequence thing is getting as old as the "NPCs live their own seperate lives that continue no matter what you do" and the "AI as real as a human player, complete with instincts for self preservation" thing. This stuff has been promised, and not delievered, so often I stop caring about a game when people say it.

It looks great! I don't quite get the AO rating. Besides they will tone it down a hair if they can acheive the M rating. It will be a great title for the wii exclusive for the interaction. As far as Fable reference, I'm leaning on the choose your own adventure feel without the reading. The elements are there for the comparison, but I'd say it's different in a good way.

I fail to see how they're going to achieve anything on the Wii that looks like that trailer, unless it's going to be Dragons Lair with an added bonus of waving your arms around.

It is a trailer, the actress in the game is the same one who's playing the Wii. And that didn't look High Def to me. But that is an interesting thought, bringing back FMV games with 480p DVD graphics using the Wii controller. I don't know if I would like it or not though.

I don't get it. How would it get an AO rating? Am I missing something?

From the forum where I first read about Sadness, they were talking about it getting an AO rating as supposedly you graphically slit peoples throats, chop your fathers head off, and much more.

Not sure where they were getting all the info at as I went to the Nibris website, which appears was last updated around April of 2006, and its says very little about the game other than a very short Intro to the plot, its coming in 2007, and for adults.

Mendon

Well if it is basically a "choose your own adventure" or Dragon's Lair type of control scheme, it could just be video rather than rendered polygon stuff although from the decription that doesn't seem to be the case..

While that might be fun, it's not going to have much replay value just like Dragon's Lair. Sure does look nice though.

Edited by joeybastard

I don't get it. How would it get an AO rating? Am I missing something?

From the forum where I first read about Sadness, they were talking about it getting an AO rating as supposedly you graphically slit peoples throats, chop your fathers head off, and much more.

Not sure where they were getting all the info at as I went to the Nibris website, which appears was last updated around April of 2006, and its says very little about the game other than a very short Intro to the plot, its coming in 2007, and for adults.

Mendon

Manhunt got an M rating, so its very possible this will too. Speaking of Manhunt, imagine how graphic and realistic it would be on the 360 or PS3. It would be fun as hell on the Wii using the remote.

Manhunt got an M rating, so its very possible this will too. Speaking of Manhunt, imagine how graphic and realistic it would be on the 360 or PS3. It would be fun as hell on the Wii using the remote.

Didn't Conker get an "M" rating also? Seems I even remember some warning on the box itself about it being for Mature Audiences. Might have to dig thru the closet and see if I can find the Conker box and look.

Mendon

Didn't Conker get an "M" rating also? Seems I even remember some warning on the box itself about it being for Mature Audiences. Might have to dig thru the closet and see if I can find the Conker box and look.

Mendon

Yes it got an M as well. I remember it saying basically if you're under 17 stay away from this box or something.

Mendon

Perhaps it was rated M for Mediocre.

Looks interesting to say the least.

Will be curious to see how that one pans out.

GC games that looked interesting to me, that did not "pan out"

- P.N.03 and Killer 7

I refuse to ever have high expectations of any game, any system, or anything ever again

...... and might I add that even a "hot chick" looks homo playing the wii ...... not that there's anything wrong with that. ;)

and might I add that even a "hot chick" looks homo playing the wii

That's why I said it looked interesting.

I can't wait for the AO version of the ad. The one where the Wiimote disappears in the Wiigina if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

and might I add that even a "hot chick" looks homo playing the wii

That's why I said it looked interesting.

I can't wait for the AO version of the ad. The one where the Wiimote disappears in the Wiigina if you know what I mean, and I think you do.

Now THAT might make the game extremely interesting.

Is there a rumble feature in the Wiimote? :ponder:

Edited by Foxy Cleopatra