IGNORED

Wii...Batteries...infrared control

thomasholzer

I´m pretty sure you need the Wiimote. And it does use batteries (2 x AA).

Are rechargeable batteries ok to use on the Wiimotes? We bought some Energizer rechargables for our Digital Camera and MP3s etc. Would be nice to slap them into the Wiimotes too instead of shelling out for batteries every so often.

So do you need batteries for the control and the infrared (put it another way, is the infrared needed at all for a single gamer like me?), or can you play Wii with 'normal' controls?

The Wii remote is needed to use the system, it takes two AA batteries (rechargeable are fine), the IR emitter bar is also needed and is powered by the console.

Edited by remowilliams

I´m pretty sure you need the Wiimote. And it does use batteries (2 x AA).

Are rechargeable batteries ok to use on the Wiimotes? We bought some Energizer rechargables for our Digital Camera and MP3s etc. Would be nice to slap them into the Wiimotes too instead of shelling out for batteries every so often.

I use energizer rechargables for my wiimotes (as well as my 360 and PS2 controllers). They work great. I would suggest having an exra set ready though, as they don't last as long as rgular batteries. I keep 2 extra pair charged so I can swap them out if needed.

I use Duracell Rechargables. They have a 2650mah rating but take almost 3 days to fully charge with my little 300ma charge I use...

But...they last for just over a week. That is with daily playing of about 5 hours a day. I would say 40 - 45hours is a good estimate. Actual standard alkaline AAs last about 70hours for me. In fact my second remote which I bought on launch day still has the original pair of panasonic batteries that it came with. And it still reads 4 bars on the meter. However it is only used maybe a few hours each week so I can sorta understand that.

I actually have 4 sets of rechargables. And always have 2 ready to go. I go through 2 sets and then put them in the charger...and then have one of the other sets in my primary remote with the other set as backup. I wait until 2 sets are drained and then charge them up 2 sets at a time.

This way I always have a set of batteries ready to go basically.