IGNORED

opinion

atari70s

Well it could go two ways, if he really was your friend, he would keep his word and sell it to you for $1.00. But then again, how come you didn't tell him what it was worth in the first place.

A good friend of mine gave me a Tooth Protectors and I let her know up front how much it was worth. But she still insisted that she give it to me. She likes to play the Sims so I gave her the "Hot Date" expansion pack. I'm going to take her out to dinner. And pretty much give her anything she wants for giving me this game. But thats just what I'd do.

Yeah, it is a tough call. By alrights your friend should keep their word and sell it to you for a $. You have no obligation to tell them what it is worth, but you should do it out of courtesy since you are friends. If you friend then jacks the price up, you have the option of turning down the new, higher price, paying the new higher price, or negotiating a deal.

The minute he jacks up the price, you are no long obliged to buy it as per the old deal. :ponder:

I disagree. This is a friendship deal, and those thing get dicey.

I see it this way, atari70's should, out of courtesy, inform his friend of the true value of the game. And his friend, out of courtesy, should sell it to him for a reduced price. I'm not saying he should get it for a $, but I also don't think he should shell out $200+ for it. Friends work together and try to make sure nobody gets screwed.

If someone pays $100 for a video game, he needs to re-examine his life. Neat as it is, and fascinating as it can be, this is just STUFF, fellas. Let's keep our priorities in order, shall we?

A friendship is much more important than money or video games. If this guy won't take $20-$40 for it (which would make it a good deal for you), and insists on the full hundred or more, he's completely going back on his word (the dollar offer), and he's not appreciating your increasing of the original dollar price to keep things fair for him. In other words, he's not much of a friend.

Just my perspective.

CF

I was the one who told him it was worth about 300$ yet he thought i was a little crazy. but i had to wait off on it and he found out i wasnt kiddin . and since that deal was kinda dead and i was interested in it still this was like a second deal. this is guy is cool and i respect him and all plus i think one of you touched on it i should offer him a fair price. now offering him a full 300 aint gonna happen 1. i dont have that type of money and 2. i wouldnt pay 300 for a game like SwordQuest Water world. i cant really think of any game id go 300 on. maybe 100 on tooth protectors or 100 on other rare games like Gravitar the only real games id shell out 300 or more would be on true 1 of a kind items like the KLAX NTSC game where theres like 7 ever made or somethign like that then MAYBE but for a regular release i dont see that happening