IGNORED

ALL ATARI MUST GO

atari70s

You could sell your blood plasma for $15 a shot. Used to do it back in college ... added benifit was that you needed less beer to get drunk since you have less blood.

Seriously though, get a motorcycle. Get a cheap new interest free car. Get a job at any mall. Department stores are paying $8+.

Don't sell out Atari like the Tramiels did!

No kidding! It would be a mistake to sell everything. Unless there is absolutely NO doubt in your mind that you will never play the atari or want it again, you must keep it. There are SO many other ways to make money. There are jobs to be had, if you are willing to work and want or need the money badly enough.

However, most of these jobs will require patience and determination. Considering today's instant gratification society, the allure of easy money by selling your atari appears to beat out the good old fashioned way. I promise if you keep your atari and find another way to get the $$$ you need, you will thank everyone here (especially liquid_sky!!) later.

Besides you already have available transportation, and the only reason for getting a car is personal vanity, not necessity. Believe me, you can wait.

Don't SELL,

I sold all my stuff in the mid eighties and had to buy it all over again after I decided to get back into gaming just a few

years later.

I did for almost the same reason MONEY!!

I still have not been able to replace those little black covers for the 5200 controllers that help for games like pacman.

Anyone have a set or at least one for sale.

Just don't do it.keep your stuff.

If you really want to sell -- I would take up Liquid on his offer. He sounds legit and like he cares (having sold himself), but I would not sell if I were you. I got married this past summer and I sold off my tiny collection (about 150 carts)and I really regret it now. I am back up to around 125 carts, but I had good memories of searching for Atari carts when on weekends I was away from my fiancee. She was in graduate school in Boston and I was in graduate school in Florida. I wish I had those carts because they represent a time when Atari filled some lonely Saturdays. Sell your systems maybe, but don't sell your carts -- you will regret it in a very short time (especially if you found some in the wild and have memories of the thrill of when and where you found them). Just my 2 cents.

yea i think im holding on to my stuff. theres like one offer out there ikinda like to keep track of. cause it might be worth it.

thats about it.WHOM EVER WAS TALKING ABOUT A JAG SYSTEM CONTACT ME THAT IS GOOD TO GO AFTER A PRICE I MADE. adn soemone offered on a 5200. please contact me on that. thats about 3 or 4 people so ill be waiting on you 3 or 4 to reply

I know I'm new here, but I don't think you should sell either. You may never be able to get Q-Bert Qubes and Crazy Climber again. If you really want to sell stuff, sell the duplicate cartridges and the stuff you really don't want. And hey, maybe there'll be a weekend some day down the road where you'll have free time and say "I feel like playing on my Atari 2600 today." You'll go to hook it up but it won't be there. You'll remember you sold it.

I always thought it was more fun to play the games on the actual machine than on the computer.

• 2 weeks later...

hey my friend. i'll kick your ass if you ....

a) sell your atari games (exept if i get qberts cubes)

b) buy that car you innitially planned. i am sure i love it too .... but loving one of these old cars means having at least 5000 bucks extra a year for maintenance.

believe me. i had to separate from this car and every went "how can you" .... but while playing with your atari doesn't cost anything, this 1958 primadonna from italy was waiting for at lest 3000-4000$ to be put in. spare parts, new color, .... that's incredibly expensive when you have an old stylish car.... ok, the car just costed me 1000$ combined with a job i was doing for the owner. and i just made the error and thought " ow, 1000$ is cheap", not thinking of repairs and maintenance, and that i would have to get a garage (about 500-700$ a year) to keep the car in the new condition. then also, the car would have been in so good condition, that i'd have to get a second car ....

man, this is a trap.

but i have some good news for you too ....

a solution to your mobility problem, a solution for saving lots of money, a solution to just be cooler, a solution to never look for parking space ..... and even a solution to get more girls.

it's spelled v.e.s.p.a.

yes, that's my babe. 40 years old, and works as i would sit on it another 40 years. easy and simple to repair. low starting costs to get one. a lots of nice customisation works waiting for you ;-D

see.... it's really better than a car. and also has a good 'sound' .

get yourself a primavera, that's a good fast smallframe model, just perfect for the daily drive ....

and don't forget what i said ..... there's plenty of reasons to drive vespa ...

reason4.jpg

it really works. you can ask my friend stefan sitting here next to me. his father bought this lambretta just to get his lady

so keep these games home, and find a good scooter (no nodern plastic shit!)

Fish-

The only downside of your suggestion is that a nice vintage Vespa is a highly sought-after commodity here in the states, and normally sell for well over $1000 (usually closer to $2000). My boss's husband has about 12 or 15 vintage European style scooters, and has been trying to track one down for me under the $400 limit I've set for myself. So far no luck at all after 8 months.

Plus, they're useless in the winters or at nighttime if you want to stay alive. American drivers are horrible at watching out for small vehicles -- especially small scooters.

But I'd personally love to get one myself. Anyone have one they want to sell cheap? Beautiful machines!

(BTW - my 2600 collection may soon be heading for the auction block for completely different reasons. More info on that sometime later.)

i am not selling im still getting emails about this do i need to close this down the topic that is? please all thanks for your interest but i am holding it

PS SKY dont complain about your damn truck man its aploy so you wont get stuck going to vegas with me and dig those ET carts out and you know it

ok, it doesn't have to be as beautifull as mine, then it's not so expensive ... anyway this wasn't the original condition.

here's how it looked before.

my vespa 1999 freshly arrived from italy

as you can see, this is a rusty old 300$ model, that i turned into a 2000$ primadonna with lots of work and love ... but not too much money ....