IGNORED

An SD Card/Game Save Question

Mendon

I posted a rant awhile ago but my dislike for the VC games being tied strictly to the console that they were downloaded to. But I just read on another forum a discussion about SD cards that is almost just as bad (in my opinion). Since I trust postings on AA much, much more than I do on other forums, I thought I would ask the question here before I get too worked up over it.

It seems that people are posting that game saves cannot be opened on any other Wii system except the system the save was created on. In other words, if you are playing Zelda and have a game save and copy that save over to a SD card and take it to a friends house, you cannot open your save on your friends Wii system and play it!

So my question... there is no one I know of near me that has a Wii system so I cannot try it myself. Is there anyone here on AA with a Wii that also has a friend close by with a Wii that they could try this on? Has anyone else read about this SD save card situation and has knowledge if whether or not this is true?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Mendon

I also don't know anyone else near me with a Wii. However, I have read that game saves CAN be used on other Wii systems just fine. But the other problem NOT mentioned anywhere is that several of the games will NOT let you save to the SD cards. Elebits is one of them?! So in that situation, if a game won't let you copy the save to an SD card then you wouldn't be able to share or bring the save file with you. Zelda I can copy to the SD card so that one should be usable just about anywhere.

I really wish they would build on the SD card saving function more. It is annoying to have to go to the SD memory through the Wii and delete all the saves on it to resave newer files from the Wii. Why the option to overwrite them wasn't put into it...is beyond me. The SD cards are really becoming more and more useless on the Wii as a whole and this simply shouldn't be.

When I got my new Wii I used a SD card to transfer saves of Wii Sports, and Zelda over to my new one, It wouldnt let me copy Metal Slug for some reason, Also Wii Sports didnt work well either because even though I transfered the same Mii over through my control, the game read it as a different one, and I lost all my pro points