IGNORED

I'm addicted

MacGurl

The problem I've found with the 5200 and 7800 versions of Ms Pac-Man is that they get impossibly hard too soon. The arcade version would gradually increase in difficulty until about the banana level which is when the highest difficulty would be acheived. In other words, the difficulty curve doesn't quite match up with the arcade versions or something like that.

On the consoles, I think the highest difficulty level is acheived around the 4th and 5th rounds. of course, this is assuming you play it on the default difficulty level and not the super easy teddy bear levels.

I find that the funny thing with Ms. Pac Man is the speed. Like all those arcade classics, the speed could be altered which changes the ease of playing the machine. It seems to me the 7800 version starts out as the slowest that I've ever seen, making it very difficult on the earlier levels, but gets closer later. I can get further on the 7800 version than some slower arcade machines, but not as far as the faster machines...

And has anyone played that god-awful "Speedy Pac"... it's a really sped up version that I find way tooooooo easy because you go to fast to ever get caught!

And while I'm bitching, what's with those new Ms. Pac Man "Class Reunion" machines that want like a dollar a pop to play... what a rip!

Cheers!

Joey

And has anyone played that god-awful "Speedy Pac"... it's a really sped up version that I find way tooooooo easy because you go to fast to ever get caught!

And while I'm bitching, what's with those new Ms. Pac Man "Class Reunion" machines that want like a dollar a pop to play... what a rip!

Cheers!

Joey

$1 a pop? It was only 50 cents at the arcade in a nearby mall (which has since closed in the fall). I liked it though...I could play forever for only 50 cents!

ANd guess what? There's a hidden code for those anniversary machines to bring up the original Pac-Man! It does work but it appears that it's emulated or something because the sound effects are a little off and for some reason the frame rate stutters a bit.

[quote name="

And while I'm bitching' date=' what's with those new Ms. Pac Man "Class Reunion" machines that want like a dollar a pop to play... what a rip!

Cheers!

Joey[/quote]

Ok, the dollar thing, i dont know what arcades you go to but the one i play religously is only 50 cents because no one plays it, not to mention you start off with 5 lives, but who needs that many anyway?