IGNORED

Dayna port and HD Driver

Hi all, I'm trying to get a Daynaport on the ethernet as detailed at...

http://www.anodynesoftware.com/ethernet/main.htm

Ok, how EXACTLY doies this work?

I've tinkered with HD Driver 7.6 to 8.1 and only 8.1 even sees it out there on the SCSI bus. Mind you 8.1 is only a demo, and for only $35 I can upgrade to this edition. Not bad.

But what exactly would I accomplish if I did upgrade? There isn't anything that the demo can even hint of doing with the Daynaport.

Do you just format your system with HD Driver 8+... and then hope the STINg drivers they have on the Androdyne site will pick up the Daynaport from there?

Can STing handle PPP, PPPoe, or DHCP connections?

I know there are people on the ethernet using these Daynaports, so please chime in!

the Dynaport drivers need scsidrive part of HDdriver. I think scsi drive have to be in hddriver demo as well. But I am not sure how it is restricted.

And you don't have to format your drive after upgrading HDDriver, just install new version to bootsector and set it up.

the Dynaport drivers need scsidrive part of HDdriver. I think scsi drive have to be in hddriver demo as well. But I am not sure how it is restricted.

And you don't have to format your drive after upgrading HDDriver, just install new version to bootsector and set it up.

So what you're saying is just need to know where to point the drivers? It is not HD Driver doing the work, just saying "It is at such and such a location" and you point the drivers to that location?

You have to install HdDriver via the 'install' entry in the respective menu.

Then you install Sting to your system.

The Daynaport.stx will have to be in the sting folder that is usually created as c:/sting/ .

You will certainly have to setup Sting correctly, but after that it should work.

(It does not work on my machine although Sting is setup correctly as I can see from my Ethernec which gets me onto the net. Think my Daynaport isn't ok.)

You have to install HdDriver via the 'install' entry in the respective menu.

Then you install Sting to your system.

The Daynaport.stx will have to be in the sting folder that is usually created as c:/sting/ .

You will certainly have to setup Sting correctly, but after that it should work.

(It does not work on my machine although Sting is setup correctly as I can see from my Ethernec which gets me onto the net. Think my Daynaport isn't ok.)

I believe my Daynaport is working ok... just need help setting up STing. I have the program setup in C under AUTO and the STing folder... I have not been able to get the STing ACX file to work.

So it loads, it complains about the Routine file not making connection.

Currently trying to get this to see the router I use on my home ethernet. I guess DHCP and PPPoe connections do not exist on STing? Just DNS connection?

Well, making some headway on this.

I have the drivers working to the point where I can at least ping the router and it reports back that all packages made it. Aside from that, the CPX for the daynaport drivers is also working fine.

Figuring out what IP it is looking (IP, DNS entries, etc) for it to work with my Lynksys router is the challenging part. And it really seems that in the Route.tab file that the file would mention the Daynaport is say: ethernet0 or something (they make references to ser 1, ser 2, and lan when you first open the setup file up.)

I am sooo spoiled by PPP and DHCP that when it comes to setting up a DNS with a router to hit the outside world I'm a bit lost. Could use some more help on this subject.