IGNORED

Suzo "The Arcade" joystick problems

NightSprinter

Well, finally got a joystick that I've had my eye on for a while (one that many over in Europe says is oen of THE best sticks out there), which is a Suzo "The Aracde". Well, here's a problem. I tried to use it with my copy of PMC, and "up" (now non-working), "left", "down", and "fire" works just fine. When I hit "right", the game crashes with loud buzzing and static/snow all over the screen. What's going on? I know this stick isn't easy to find, and dn't want to toss it out.

Edited by NightSprinter

• 5 months later...

Over a year later and an odd update: I just recently tested the system on my XEGS with Pac-Man. It turns out that when I hit right, it will send a "reset" signal for some strange reason. Depending on how long before I release the direction, I could get garbled graphics on the screen, or an outright crash. What would cause the stick to do this?

I don't know much about that system or its controllers, but maybe it's creating a dead short which causes the voltage to the CPU to drop below its minimum operating voltage??? :? Just a wild guess, but it's the sort of thing I'd test for first.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...