IGNORED

Basic Guidelines for Appraisal..

zraider

I've searched around looking for information regarding appraising and selling video games. I haven't found much (I do appreciate all the great info in the "Feedback" thread and that helped a lot), but I did find this:

==============================================

Like New: an apparently unopened video game in perfect condition (although it may be out of its original wrapping).

The box and item are pristine, with no signs of wear. Suitable for presenting as a gift.

Very Good: a well-cared-for video game that has been played but remains in great condition.

The game and its original packaging are complete and slightly worn, but unmarked and undamaged.

Good: the video game shows wear from consistent use, but remains in good condition. There may be clear external signs of wear and damage to the original packaging or instructions, but the game plays perfectly.

Acceptable: the video game is fairly worn but it continues to work perfectly. The box and instructions may be missing or damaged. The video game may have identification markings from its owner.

============================================

This is just my own personal quest for honestly appraising and selling items. I think one of the best things to do is just to be as truthful as possible and give the very best screenshots possible.

Further comment appreciated.

Thanks.

The video game may have identification markings from its owner.
I would not include this in the 'acceptable' bracket. Things that have been permanently marked with kiddie scrawl, I would class as 'damaged'.

I'm not a nut about cart condition, but it is annoying to buy carts that have 'bIllY' written on them (as I have in the past), especially if it's not specifically mentioned.

This is why photos are good.