IGNORED

My Brethren..Looking for info on programming.

General Atarian

I am interested in how the atari games are made. Can you guys suggest a link on where I can go to learn about "Stella code" I think it is called. I think it would be fun and educational. I would like to venture into the next step in my Atari world. I think reading about programming would be a good expireience

I would like to read about what the games I try to collect are "made of"

Thanks guys.

I had a rough time finding a working distella link....but finally here's one for anyone that needs it, or cares:

http://members.cox.net/rcolbert/distella.htm

I think distella makes a text file, it goes in the reverse direction that dasm does it. Goes from binary to asm....and then you rename it a text file.

I'm still new at this tho :)

I am interested in how the atari games are made. Can you guys suggest a link on where I can go to learn about "Stella code" I think it is called. I think it would be fun and educational. I would like to venture into the next step in my Atari world. I think reading about programming would be a good expireience

I would like to read about what the games I try to collect are "made of"

Thanks guys.

Distella will spit out a text file so you can see what the BIN files are made of. Or showgfx will tell you what they look like in binary form.

Either way, you could potentially edit them from either.

I'm just passing along information that I've learned in just the last couple days!

He might be right about The Dig's links...I use to be able to get them, but now I just get a message saying that the internet connection can't be found (both right and left clicking, and copy/paste as well). I tried disabling my firewall, and reducing IE internet security to medium...still no luck. I'm in Minnesota as well, so maybe it's just a problem with Charter.

Anyone else have these problems?

Anyway, you can get most of the tools found at The Dig at Bob Colbert's page, as well.

http://members.cox.net/rcolbert/distella.htm