IGNORED

Original Games to hit Wii shop...

bookman

Original Games to hit Wii shop

"Nintendo has developed a programming system that will allow small independent developers to make games for Wii download service..."

I thought this was an interesting concept especially for those here that homebrew games. There may be potential to create a small development company?

Could be cool. However, I hope that it gives full access to the Wiimote functionality. Without that functionality, it will be no more than just another gaming service to us programmers. Some games would show up, but it would probably be your generic fair.

This could definitely be interesting!

Along these lines, has anybody checked out www.wiicade.com? I saw it mentioned in a thread and checked it out. They are basically flash games you can play with a mouse, but are supposedly Wii friendly. Great concept, but the games seem pretty hit and miss on quality/fun.

Along these lines, has anybody checked out www.wiicade.com? I saw it mentioned in a thread and checked it out. They are basically flash games you can play with a mouse, but are supposedly Wii friendly. Great concept, but the games seem pretty hit and miss on quality/fun.

That was probably my post you saw. I agree that the games are hit and miss, but the site is rather new. Some of the good games I found are:

Mario Punch also deserves an honorable mention for being funny, despite simplistic gameplay. :)