IGNORED

N64 Adapter

jbanes

Has anyone seen an N64 -> Gamecube adapter? With all the great N64 games coming up on the Wii Virtual Console, I'd like to play these games as I remember them. i.e. With the three-prong N64 controller. As I understand it, the protocols used by the N64 controllers and the GCN controllers are pretty similar, so it should be possible to convert the two. In fact, I've seen GCN -> N64 adapters before. The difference is that I want to go the other way. ;)

Has anyone seen something like this?

Has anyone seen an N64 -> Gamecube adapter? With all the great N64 games coming up on the Wii Virtual Console, I'd like to play these games as I remember them. i.e. With the three-prong N64 controller. As I understand it, the protocols used by the N64 controllers and the GCN controllers are pretty similar, so it should be possible to convert the two. In fact, I've seen GCN -> N64 adapters before. The difference is that I want to go the other way. ;)

Has anyone seen something like this?

yea my EGM magazine said something about a company making adaptors for old school controllers to play on wii. here we go, found it... retrousb.com

check it out

yea my EGM magazine said something about a company making adaptors for old school controllers to play on wii. here we go, found it... retrousb.com

RetroUSB is a cool site, isn't it? I wonder if they've started shipping since I last posted about them?

Unfortunately, they don't have any N64 -> Gamecube adapters. Tge only adapters they carry are for the NES and SNES controllers. :(

Thanks for trying, though! Let me know if you hear of any other sites that might have the adapter. :cool: