IGNORED

Welcome to the 2 annual Atari 2600 Tournament!

Atari Master

Last year I held a tournament that pinned Atari 2600 players against one another to win a prize. Though I still have to give that prize to Jah Fish. I’ve decided to hold a new one. The game that will be played will be introduced in a little while.

Please be patient.

Please note that in order to participate in the games you must use the emulator Stella. I want to keep it fair to everyone.

I'm kinda new to this forum, and I'd just like to ask what the last competition was like?

I mean, do we compete for scores... (i can't think of anything else we'd compete for!!!)

And if it is for scores do we just take screenshots of our game over screen?

And if THAT is so, how do you know someone doesn't just edit their screenshot with a paint program do give themselves higher scores?

and last but not least, MUST we use Stella? I ask because I use PCAE and the main reason being that STella runs WAY too fast on my system... and I can't knock back the speed on it the way you can with PCAE...

So will this year's winner also have to wait an entire year to claim their prize.

(and waitaminute, you weren't even around here this time last year!!!)

Lol, it was at the end of 2001.

Anyway, here are the rules.

The game you will be playing is Phoenix.

This tournament does require a picture of you score. You can still submit a score if you can't make a picture. Just please, if you can make one, make one!

The person with the highest score by Sunday is the winner. The prize is unknown at the moment.

I'm gonna start working on this prize and Jah's.

Begin!!!

When you lose your last ship in Phoenix it just plays around with the last level you were on, with the enemy ships you haven't killed. I lost my last ship on screen 1 or 2 with only one enemy on the screen. And since my room is a little dark the camera kept the shutter open for approx. 10 frames, something like a 3rd of a second, and it blurred the screen a little.

haha running a contest and you cant even tell the game.:roll: . ill send you a great score at skiing, can that count??  :D

Ok, look smart ass, I couldn't tell from the picture. But I do belive that's phoenix. And i'm gonna try and beat his score with my emulator. It wont count tho.

22080 is be high score! Keep playing people!

ph42140-krisjohn.jpgWhat's "a good bit"?

I was going to be sneaky and not upload this update until late on Sunday, but I can't be bothered. One of my old rowing coaches had the cocktail version of Phoenix and taught me one trick I still remember. That I won't share until after Sunday.

I would enter, but my cursed Atari 2600 broke the other day. I think I fried the circuits. Anyway, I have got a really high score on Phenoix before, but now my ATARI BROKE AND I SHALL DESTROY THE WORLD BY DIGGING TO THE EARTH'S CORE WITH A SPOON AND UNLEASHING ALL OF THE DEMONS TO REEK DESTRUCTION AND SO ON AND SO FORTH!!!!!!

Or I'll just buy another one off of Ebay.

Krisjohn wrote -

What's "a good bit"?  

I was going to be sneaky and not upload this update until late on Sunday, but I can't be bothered. One of my old rowing coaches had the cocktail version of Phoenix and taught me one trick I still remember. That I won't share until after Sunday.

Silly shots of Phoenix dont scare the Activision quest boys chappy. Show the true size of your balls and do contest were it matters.

Adam

NEOk krisjohn. Time to unload that secret of yours!

You may already know this, but on the big UFO level (or whatever), it's much easier to go off to one of the sides of the ship to chew through the moving shield-belt, then when you've appropriately decimated it you can go back to the middle, and if you've already shot away a bit of the ship you can usually get a shot through in less time that your shield lasts for.

In fact, the first two times you meet the mothership no shots originate from the very edges of it, so you can very safely destroy that moving shield-belt.