IGNORED

What might have been part X in 3D

moycon

Ahhh after a long hiatus it's back.

What might have been. That is...What games might have looked like on the 2600 had they been made.

There's wasn't enough games on the Atari 2600 that used a light gun.

This one would have.

Very similar to another game... Crossbow. This game didn't get a very big following back in 1986 because alot of places wouldn't buy a game with such graphic content. It was one of my favorites as a kid... But I think the only place I saw it was at a game distributer my dad used to use...And not in an arcade.

If I remember correctly the man who was responsible for one of the first video games ever to spark controversy due to graphic content Death Race, also worked on this game.

Know what it is?

moycon-94.gif

Y'know, I remember playing that game as a kid and thinking it was cool... but when I play it on MAME, it's just crappy. Maybe I was a sadistic kid or something, but I just don't get any kick of out shooting people just to see the gore (If I'm freeing prisoners, or protecting my planet however....)

Now that I think about it, Time Killers is also a lot crappier than I remember it... Oh, to be a young, (even more) easily amused kid again...

--Zero

Haha Time Killers....Man I thought that was crappy even back then!! That was another game I played at the distributer....It was great... They would have all the latest games set up so you could play them for free, My dad delt mainly in electronic darts and pool tables...But about once a week we'd go to the distributer to pick up supplies (chalk, plastic darts, coin wrappers... etc...) and play video games and pinballs.

Both me and my dad are big horror fans, the kinda folk that watched Elvira together insted of baseball games....That's probably why we got a kick out of Chiller. Its like some sadistic horror movie.