IGNORED

does anyone have pics of the compines buildings????

broncoman

When I was out in May, I got a shot in front of 1165 Borregas ave. That was the office for Arcade equipment. It looks live every other .com building out there. I have to confess, it did feel like walking in the steps of giants.

Borregas is interrupted by two major freeways. To get from downtown Sunnyvale, you have to wind through a few overpasses to get to the business end of the street. The first few blocks were all houses, and I was majorly thinking I had the wrong address. With some perserverence, it paid off.

Now that my internet issues have been resolved (DSL has been a pain in the rear!), I should be able to get some shots on line. Of course, Curt does an amazing job of covering all that on the above link. It was just special to be there (for me, anyway).

Cassidy

Makes you wonder about the shape of those Combat tanks in the game...

Kinda looks like the shape of a building as seen from the top down, doesn't it?

Combat was the main packin game, so I can see them doing that for some reason.

When worked at TiVo from summer 2000 through summer 2001, I had to drive through Sunnyvale along 237 every day to get into work. I lived in Mountain View (birthplace of Activision!) and TiVo is located in Alviso (where all the landfills are!) And as everyone knows, Atari was (mostly) located in Sunnyvale. So I drove by the old Atari headquarters many times, and did take a picture of 1196 Borregas Avenue one day. Unfortunately I didn't see Curt's map of Atari's buildings before I moved back to Austin, or I would have endeavored to take pictures of every one of them. Next time I'm in the Valley I'll have to do that. :)

..Al