IGNORED

Trouble getting to the Wii Store :(

moycon

Is the store down?

This morning I tried to view the newest VC games available, but was getting an error saying the server wasn't responding. I just tried again about 45 minutes ago and it was saying the same thing. Is the server down or is it something on my side?

Edited by moycon

Is the store down?

This morning I tried to view the newest VC games available, but was getting an error saying the server wasn't responding. I just tried again about 45 minutes ago and it was saying the same thing. Is the server down or is it something on my side?

works for me.. but ive been logged out before before i coudl get in like that.. generally means that the servers are busy from all the dloads.. wait a day, it will calm down a bit.

works for me.. but ive been logged out before before i coudl get in like that.. generally means that the servers are busy from all the dloads.. wait a day, it will calm down a bit.

That what I figured but I tried 3 different times today once just a few minutes ago.

I'm thinking it might not be the server.

Apparently the problem isn't isolated to just me. The error code I'm getting is error code 209576

http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_wii_lobby/b...135885716/p1/?2

Sounds like an issue others have had, but I don't know that there is a clear answer as to what will fix the problem.

Sucks.

I guess I'll try again when I wake up....too....tired....now.

Interesting read on that error. Most of it seems to be DNS related. One person mentioned that their ISP had changed DNS addresses, but their router hadn't yet updated this info.

For those that might not know. You should set the DNS in the Wii to be the address of your router itself. This way, the Wii is trying to connect to a static DNS address that might have changed at some point. If you have it set to your router, then the router will figure out the DNS addressing on its own. If your internet is working fine on other devices attached to your router, then there isn't any reason the Wii or any other wireless device wouldn't either as long as you have their DNS addressing set to the address of your router.

Interesting read on that error. Most of it seems to be DNS related. One person mentioned that their ISP had changed DNS addresses, but their router hadn't yet updated this info.

For those that might not know. You should set the DNS in the Wii to be the address of your router itself. This way, the Wii is trying to connect to a static DNS address that might have changed at some point. If you have it set to your router, then the router will figure out the DNS addressing on its own. If your internet is working fine on other devices attached to your router, then there isn't any reason the Wii or any other wireless device wouldn't either as long as you have their DNS addressing set to the address of your router.

I dunno, I dont see where setting DNS is an option on the Wii.

I've been fiddling around with it, and now when I try to connect to the store, it says I have to agree to the User Agreements under Wii settings. No prob, except now when I try to view the User Agreements it says it can't connect to the internet (Even though everything else works) The error I get on that is... 220602

*sigh*

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-online...35-routers.html

DNS is one of the areas you specify to be automatic or not in the Wii's internet settings. It will ask you if you want to setup your IP automatically or manually, and the same for DNS. I set my IP to be auto..but then set my DNS to manual and always specify the IP of my router as the DNS. So on some of my devices with static IP addressing. I actually have both the default gateway IP and DNS IP set for the same address...the address of the router they are going through.

DNS is one of the areas you specify to be automatic or not in the Wii's internet settings. It will ask you if you want to setup your IP automatically or manually, and the same for DNS. I set my IP to be auto..but then set my DNS to manual and always specify the IP of my router as the DNS. So on some of my devices with static IP addressing. I actually have both the default gateway IP and DNS IP set for the same address...the address of the router they are going through.

Hmmm Well I did wind up finding where to change the DNS but never could get it to work. Part of the issue was I was setting the Wii to the computers IPs, not the router maybe. Here's the thing. I have my connection set up slightly screwy. I have a USB DSL modem connected to my home PC. I then have a Belkin wireless router with four RJ-45 ports. One port my 360 is plugged into. Another port goes to my PC. The connection to the PC and the USB modem connection are bridged. The Wii talks to the router wirelessly. Im not sure what the routers IP is. I've never had to put one on it. It all worked fine when I set it up shortly after Xmas. I'm going to try messing with the DNS settings some more I guess. I might just tear it all apart and build it back up. Thanks for the input.

Why didn't you just plug your DSL modem into the router's WAN port? That is what it is for. So in essence...your router then becomes the gateway for all other devices connected to it. It looks like (According to your above description), that your DSL is connected to the PC and then the PC is connected to the router. Thus your PC is acting as the internet gateway, when you should be giving that function to your router. In this case, your router is just a hub on a standard lan but with wireless access as well.

Even with a USB modem I would think it also has a standard RJ45 plug on the back of it? If not...then does the modem plug into one of your PCs USB ports and then you have the PC connected to the router via the NIC card on the PC?

Please explain, because what your describing I'm sure works, but likely not as efficient as it should.

Why didn't you just plug your DSL modem into the router's WAN port? That is what it is for. So in essence...your router then becomes the gateway for all other devices connected to it. It looks like (According to your above description), that your DSL is connected to the PC and then the PC is connected to the router. Thus your PC is acting as the internet gateway, when you should be giving that function to your router. In this case, your router is just a hub on a standard lan but with wireless access as well.

Even with a USB modem I would think it also has a standard RJ45 plug on the back of it? If not...then does the modem plug into one of your PCs USB ports and then you have the PC connected to the router via the NIC card on the PC?

Please explain, because what your describing I'm sure works, but likely not as efficient as it should.

Heh Plugging the modem directly into the WAN port isn't an option unfortunately.

That's why I had such a screwy configuration to get all this crap online. One of these days I'll get a new modem.

That said...I got it to work. Had to delete the bridge, reset the modem and then re-bridge the connections.

Thanks for the help Crossbow I'm good to go!!!