IGNORED

Cross-platform collection database tool

mvigor

Well, I work on a Mac at home and at work, so Cart Commander will not work for me. I've never even had a look at it, but I'm sure it's very nice.

So I made myself a utilitarian database with PHP and mySQL. You can check it out here: http://www.vigorfamily.com/browse.php

So far I am still doing the data-entry for my collection. I'm working in Alphabetical order by manufacturer (and then in part number order within each). I'm done through Atari's CX2650.

I know that it's not very pretty right now, but most of the hard part is done. I believe that with some more work, it could be made to have "users", so that many different people could keep track of their collections.

If it was better code, I'd offer it to AA. Let me know what you think of it.

-Matthew

It's be cool if AtariAge members could track our private collections using the big AA database. I imagine that quite a number of new variants would be discovered by people checking their carts against the DB. Rarity info would also become pretty accurate.

If the administration would like to share their database layout with me, I could consider the possibility.

I believe that AA uses PHP & mySQL, which is what I've written the thing in. I am very close to having the multiple users function written in, but I have hours of tedious input-checking routines to write if I want to let the general public use this tool.

If you want, take another look at it. The link is in my .sig.

-Matt