IGNORED

USB multi-cart rom compatability

lowscore

I'd like to see, "If you paid for this, you were ripped off!" added to that disclaimer.

How about like a chain letter,"You must distibute 10 copies freely to 5200 fanboys, or worms will eat your brain in your sleep."

That might kind of diminish the profit margin for scammers, and scare the dickens out of 'em too!

Perhaps classics can chime-in as to how effective this message has been at stopping the e-bay leeches

I'd say very little to not at all, I see them for sale all the time in Marketplace and on eBay.

Not that I'm complaining, its something I figured would happen as the images were released.

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

There are a couple titles that are funky, and you seem to have nailed a few of them here. A good rule of thumb is to try it out on Kat 5200, which is a 5200 only emulator. Jumpman Jr. is hard to get started, even on the Atari 8bit PC. There is some sorta trick. It'll just show you all the screens and cycle through. Find the manual for it, that might help. There is a site that is cataloging all of the 8 bit titles, it isn't atarimax or atariprotos, but it is something like that. I wish I could remember the name now, that would be a good place to look, though. The guy who runs it was talking about his site in the Montezuma's revenge thread in the 8 bit forum here.

A lot of the ROM images out there are good enough to run on an emulator, but may give you trouble on the real hardware, also. Bad dumps. Keep searching, they're almost ALL out there, if you dig around.

Mine is in storage for shipping, so I can't help much more than this right now.

It goes without mentioning that Pitfall 2 is a problem on 2 port machines. All of my machines have the 4 port bios, even the 2 port units. Weird...

Can you download any game off the web or does have to be a 5200 game for the Atarimax to work