IGNORED

should i pay 400 4 a catbox?

BuddyBuddies

Around $200 sounds like a fair price to me. At one point I had 7 of them but started selling them off one by one around this price. Now I'm down to only two plus a Scatbox.

i have only one scatbox and it is factory sealed and it is part of my personal collection imagine that i have a personal collection of sealed and never opened jag stuff

sweetstuff4y

Around $200 sounds like a fair price to me. At one point I had 7 of them but started selling them off one by one around this price. Now I'm down to only two plus a Scatbox.

i have only one scatbox and it is factory sealed and it is part of my personal collection imagine that i have a personal collection of sealed and never opened jag stuff

sweetstuff4y

That's nice... I play my Jag stuff. Anyone who actually is a fan of the Jaguar plays them, whether or not they have a second sealed copy for "collection" purposes.

I'm not sure, but why did you just barely decide to join up at AtariAge if you're a big collector and/or fan of the Jaguar? This place has been here a while.

These are the kind of people that have made me NOT collect for the Jag as much as I did a couple years ago. I only collect to play so I could care less about the Catbox which is no real use to me.. who actually uses one constructively? Or is it just a "crown jewel" along with that Ultra Gold Plated Battlecube Alpha w/ Leather interior?

These are the kind of people that have made me NOT collect for the Jag as much as I did a couple years ago. I only collect to play so I could care less about the Catbox which is no real use to me.. who actually uses one constructively? Or is it just a "crown jewel" along with that Ultra Gold Plated Battlecube Alpha w/ Leather interior?

I always have mine hooked up for S-video and amplified audio output. Now only if I had some other Jaguar fans by where I live then I would use the networking more often.

i consider the catbox a "crown jewel" , but i to have no need for it other than to complete my ongoing collection, although i would have a use for a scatbox. i have just joined the forums, but have always watched them . thanks. :D

You shouldn't have to pay anywhere near that. Usually you can get one from $150 - $200. I would just be patient. It will be worth it.

Yeah I think I got mine for about $120ish IIRC. They show up now and then and if no one is looking for one at that particular time you can get a good deal.

Tempest

Looks like sweetstuff is using eBay to 'get back' at the Jag community:

"how do you like the price now on battle morph it is a shame you have to talk smack on atariage be a man "

Another reason not to do business with this dirt bag.

LOL......this guy is all over the net now for being a theif so why he just blames AA is beyond me.

"how do you like the price now on battle morph it is a shame you have to talk smack on atariage be a man "

Where did you see that?

..Al

He sent me a msg through the eBay messaging system. Unfort his life doesnt appear to be as fullfilling as his Jag collection :)

Lord knows I cannot go on until I get my copy of Battlemorph! :D

Sourstuff - if you are reading this you have to realize folks are going to disagree with you and your prices - even if they were $0.01. If Bill Gates lost his cool everytime someone talked about how crappy WIndows is we'd never have gotten......maybe that would've been good ;)

Well, I had a little respect for the guy. Now he's burning bridges, so he'll never get any of my money again. I'll also make it a personal goal of mine to inform people about him and about his steep prices.

Goodbye SS4U... you just bit the hand that feeds you and the Jag community won't put up with your shit.

He must be feeling the heat of not selling much recently. I know of many people over just the last couple months who have decided not to purchase from him.

How does he think we are all in this for a profit (taken from an earlier post of his.) I'm sorry, but if you want to make loads of cash, you're not going to do it with the Jaguar.

Someone needs to make and release a new version of the Catbox.

Since there is a CatBox and a ScatBox, I am guessing there is no kind of proprietary technology involved. From reading this page, people are willing to pay a lot of money for the piece of hardware. So, making this a profitable venture should not be difficult.

There are also additional options that could be added to enhance the Jag. Add a mic in. This could make it a full fledge kareoke machine.

Since there is a CatBox and a ScatBox, I am guessing there is no kind of proprietary technology involved. From reading this page, people are willing to pay a lot of money for the piece of hardware. So, making this a profitable venture should not be difficult.

There are also additional options that could be added to enhance the Jag. Add a mic in. This could make it a full fledge kareoke machine.

... and somehow tie that in with the Jag CD's VLM and it's a full-fledged karaoke trip-a-thon!

That'd be great, only if it were made affordable and not in extremely limited numbers.

I bought a Scatbox brand new - it was very well made, however I never got any real use out of it - didnt have anyone to network any Jag games to :(

My only hardware interest would be networking that could possible get teh Jag on the web - but I know thats asking alot from its limited RAM.

Why people are blowing so much on the Catbox is beyond me. I bought mine for $60 when they first came out, basically just so I could hook up to an RGB monitor, and I was curious about the networking abilities. Here I am 10 years later, my Jaguar is still hooked up in RGB, and I've yet to use any of the other features of the box. Looks nice in RGB, but that's certainly not worth $200.

As someone else already said, basically all the abilities of this thing can be achieved by tapping the pins on the expansion port, so aside from being an obsessive collector, there's really no logical reason to buy one of these things. At least if you blow $500+ on Battlesphere, you'll have a game to play at the end of the day.

--Zero

My only hardware interest would be networking that could possible get teh Jag on the web - but I know thats asking alot from its limited RAM.

Hey, Atari thought it was possible ! :)

Thats exactly what I wanted to do ;) - $200 PC's though make this an almost obsolete option.

However,

If the Jag could handle networked and run MPEG files froma file share it could be the ultimate multimedia center ;)