IGNORED

Most addictive game?

MattK

I just realised.... I've had breakout and a set of paddles for.... months (probably a year now), and I've never sat down to play it....

Weird.

As for my addictive games? Centipede & Phoenix. Always good for blasting away at 2am the night before an exam (which is exactly what I was doing before my exams)

Mostly depends on my mood, in the right frame of mind almost any game can be addictive.

But as for a game I can always plug in and play for long stretches, Escape from Mindmaster, Crsytal Castles, and Solaris (if only mine worked on my stupid TV) :)

Jr Pac-Man is definately one I can play for hours.  The only problem is that once I start playing, I can't stop.

Agreed 100%! The arcade version sucks due to its difficulty, but the 2600 version manages to improve the experience while still retaining the general feel of the gameplay.

Ms. Pac-Man is just as addictive.

Okay, you guys are going to think I'm crazy, but... Battlezone. I still don't understand why everyone seems to bash this game, I think it's simply awesome. Every time I play it, I'm still impressed by it... I get a fairly high score, and justhave to play again!

Another one would be Pitfall 2. I'll play it until I accidentally hit something, and during the long float back, my hand hovers over the on/off switch, but I just can't hit it! I always end up playing it to the end. I have similar (although less noticable) reactions to Mountain King.

--Zero

Codebreaker ..  

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA

An odd choice, but I agree it can be very addictive! (I don't know why... maybe it's something in the Atlanta water supply.) ;)

Yars' Revenge and Video Pinball are probably the two most addictive games for me, although whenever I bother to hook up my paddles, I find myself playing Circus Atari and Kaboom! a lot, too!

I think with Atari games addictiveness and complexity are inversely proportional! (Well, some complex games can be addictive too, but just because they keep going forever... like Pitfall 2!)

Pitfall 2. ...  The only problem: I don't own the cart, I can only play it on an emulator.   :sad:   I'm still trying to get the actual cart, but alas, to no avail.

I have seen several copies of it for sale on eBay lately. If you don't mind spending a few $$$ on it, that would be an easy way to get it. (I got mine in a multi-game lot on eBay fairly cheaply... I think I got about 12 games for $20 and it was one of them.)

Oh, I know room34, but everytime I bid on one, I get outbid at the last minute.   :x   But I'll keep trying, unless someone on this board has an extra copy.   ;)  (hint, hint)

Well, I had been bidding on a complete copy last week, but I got outbid near the end. :x If I had gotten it, I'd have been sure to give you a good deal on my other copy!