IGNORED

Goodwill Score!

KAZ

So I decided to drive to the library, to pick up some sort of 6502 programming book...I left at around 8:15pm, and I didn't know the hours of the library, but went anyways. They were closed. Ok, no biggie, so then on the way back I stopped by the Goodwill.

The place seemed cleaner than usual, maybe 1 inch LESS dirt and grime on the ground (rofl). So I was looking for treasure and across the room I spot it: A olive green sweater! I took a really deep breath, and I smiled at the lucious fragrance of it.

Well so I continued browsing. The workers there were busy abusing, I mean organizing, the items. (This one guy was "organizing" a bunch of phones, and he was wearing plastic gloves, and he was rough to the items like you wouldn't believe! And what's with those plastic gloves? Is he afraid of some horrible disease caused by 100's of people touching every item there? Nah.)

And even the shoppers were abusing the items, being extra loud while rummaging through it all.

They did have the electronics nicely arranged, and that kind of made me smile. And then I saw it:

A genesis controller! Same three button type that I've always used, so now I have two player capability. It was only $2.12 with tax.

Been having a hard time locating one.

It works great. It had a bunch of wierd "glitter" all over it. I cleaned it real nice tho.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1360478390

This one is nearly the same price I guess, but I avoided the "hassle" of ebay.

It does, but my Atari controllers are currently broken. Both of them have that main white joystick area damaged. So the joysticks "click" when you move it up or down, or sometimes left or right, depending on where the damage is.

I realize there are replacements for that, but I'm too lazy to research where to get that.

Plus, I like the thumbpad control.

You are completely right, to get the full experience I need to get two perfectly working Atari 2600 controllers. I actually intend to do that sometime. Playing pitfall! with a genesis controller IS dirty, and I agree!

I sometimes use a Genesis controller on the 2600, but I don't tell anyone.

2 weeks ago I was bored and by the grace of god found a complete mint XEGS (Atari XE Game System from 1987 -- incase you were living in Tazmania for the last 15 years.) In a Goodwill type store, with all the original stuff that it came with, manuals, the light gun, games, the keyboard, the joystick, the power supply...all mint condition, as if I was meant to find it. It cost me 12 dollars, Canadian dollars.

I'll never tire of telling that story....

XEGS (Atari XE Game System from 1987 -- incase you were living in Tazmania for the last 15 years.)

I must have been living in Tazmania back then.

I actually didn't know of this system. I've heard it off and on on this message board.

I was familiar with Atari 2600, 5200, Intellivision, Colecovision, Commodore 64.

Never heard of Vectrex before coming to this message board

never was familiar with XEGS.

I had an apple 2 GS. That's what I thought you guys had been talking about the whole time.

I hardly knew about 7800, tho I think I heard of it back then.

And of course that was around the time Nintendo was coming out strong.

So please don't fault me for not remembering such an obscure system,

if you hadn't heard of an Atari 2600 I'd say you were living in Tazmania, but not "XEGS". If you had never heard of Nintendo, you were living in a cave.

XEGS is kinda like CD i

I don't know anything about CD i, and hardly heard anything about it back when it first came out. And I still don't know about it.

I must be living in Tazmania :)