IGNORED

Jag Developmenet on Atari computers

GT Turbo

Some people has asked me about coding from an Atari machine, i use a Falcon CT60 with Bjl. I have started with an Ste, so if you have any question, i'm here :) Everything question about Atari computers for Atari coding, if you use a PC better look here :

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=99653

GT poulpe.gif

Some people has asked me about coding from an Atari machine, i use a Falcon CT60 with Bjl. I have started with an Ste, so if you have any question, i'm here :) Everything question about Atari computers for Atari coding, if you use a PC better look here :

GT poulpe.gif

I also use a CT60 Falcon and a standard Falcon sometimes.

TT's were of course the original preferred machine.

These days i tend to use a PC more than the Falcons though simply for convenience.

GT poulpe.gif

Nice!! Hey I have a TT030 that I want to get working for this. I understand that the Atari computer development tools are bi-directional in transfer. So what does it take to get a BJL setup going? Where can I get the BJL software and the development software. (What links do you suggest?)

I have a connection solution that works with the PC (DOS) version of BJL that connects to the 2nd joystick port, and have Protector SE. Will this work with the Atari setup?

GT poulpe.gif

Nice!! Hey I have a TT030 that I want to get working for this. I understand that the Atari computer development tools are bi-directional in transfer. So what does it take to get a BJL setup going? Where can I get the BJL software and the development software. (What links do you suggest?)

I have a connection solution that works with the PC (DOS) version of BJL that connects to the 2nd joystick port, and have Protector SE. Will this work with the Atari setup?

I believe Bastian's site has the Atari version of BJL for download (dated 97 i think)

No, Protector SE is only an uploader, you cannot get data back.

I've only recently had a jag BJLd so i'm afraid i've never tried the facility yet.

I have modified the uploader rout from the Jagdebugger for running on CT60 and it run on TT too, but i need to do a little debug because non Gemdos program make the computer bomb O_O I have no problem because i code on Atari computer but other programs cannot be launched.

If you want to do an upload, you can use the Bjl debugger (Run only in high rez), you write :

le "filename"

and when the upload his finished :

go

GT Turbo ;)

P.S. : I will try to debug it this week and doing a release of this uploader.

I believe Bastian's site has the Atari version of BJL for download (dated 97 i think)

I've only recently had a jag BJLd so i'm afraid i've never tried the facility yet.

So how about the copy of BJL that can be loaded by CD? Would that work in this case? Or are we looking at me needing to phyisaically modify a Jaguar?

Edited by doctorclu

So how about the copy of BJL that can be loaded by CD? Would that work in this case? Or are we looking at me needing to phyisaically modify a Jaguar?

Sorry, I simply don't know about the CD. It was belboz who made it so he will know which version of BJL was used. Bastian can then tell us whetherit is a version which conatins the necessary code for both download and upload.

If it is not the correct version it should still be possible to create a CD using the correct version.

Edited by Atari_Owl

You can download my BJL cd at my site.

http://www.hillsoftware.com

It should work fine with any BJL software uploader for Windows, DOS, Atari or whatever.

Just burn the CD and make your BJL cable and you are ready to go.

Need a bit of help on this. I am used to burning Disc Juggler where it is a single image file, but this is a folder. What do you use to burn this?

I used the 1999 version of the boot loader. At the time I think it was the latest version.

I may update the CD to the 2005 version if there is any interest.

Sorry, I simply don't know about the CD. It was belboz who made it so he will know which version of BJL was used. Bastian can then tell us whetherit is a version which conatins the necessary code for both download and upload.

If it is not the correct version it should still be possible to create a CD using the correct version.

I have two versions on my site.

The cdrecord version (bjlcd_v1_0.zip) which when unzipped contains all the files needed to burn the CD. The readme.txt file tells you how to burn it. Basically all you have to do is edit the batch file.

There is also an NTI CD Creator image. If you have NTI's software you can use it to burn the image in that archive. At the time NTI had a trial version of their software you could use to burn the image.

Need a bit of help on this. I am used to burning Disc Juggler where it is a single image file, but this is a folder. What do you use to burn this?

• 2 years later...
Some people has asked me about coding from an Atari machine, i use a Falcon CT60 with Bjl. I have started with an Ste, so if you have any question, i'm here :)

OK, the basic (lamest ;-) question -- where one can download those Atari binaries? As far as I understand, I need that BJL CD, ok, found. Now I'd like to try Atari upload (because my laptop has no required interfaces I guess).

Some people has asked me about coding from an Atari machine, i use a Falcon CT60 with Bjl. I have started with an Ste, so if you have any question, i'm here :)

OK, the basic (lamest ;-) question -- where one can download those Atari binaries? As far as I understand, I need that BJL CD, ok, found. Now I'd like to try Atari upload (because my laptop has no required interfaces I guess).

Lars (Starcat) used to have the Jag tools for both PC and Atari machines for download, but i can't seem to find the relevent page atm, it was on his old site.

I believe they are also available for download from JSII and there was an environment set up by 'Mr Spock' which may have contained the atari tools.

Alternatively they are on StarCats library CD, the B&C Source CD and probably the JSII Source CD

Otherwise somebody can probably email them to you. I can have a look if you have no luck.

The Dev Manual is here

http://blog.eerievale.com/?page_id=268&lay=game

http://www.hillsoftware.com/downloads/index.html

the Win tools on Hillsoftware also contain many of the atari ttp tools

Edited by Atari_Owl

Hi Mikro,

Look here :

http://www.jagware.org/index.php?s=&sh...dpost&p=691

GT :)

Hi Mikro,

Look here :

http://www.jagware.org/index.php?s=&sh...dpost&p=691

GT :)

Oooh, thats good to know too.