IGNORED

The Photo Channel

figgler

So I got an SD card this weekend. I don't have Excite Truck (yet) but it was cheap (about $50 Canadian for a gig and a reader) so I grabbed it.

Not having Excite Truck, there isn't much you can do with it except back up your Wii saves and VC games. But I decided to upload a few songs and pics just to try it out.

And it turns out the Photo Channel doesn't suck. At first I thought it was an automatic throw away channel, and quickly relegated it to the second page, but it's not so bad. You can import photos obviously and there are some very basic MS Paint type things you can do with them. I thought it was neat too that you can make your pics into a 4 piece puzzle, then once you complete it, you unlock the ability to change the number of pieces in the puzzle. It keeps track of best time to complete the puzzles too, which adds a cool gaming-ness to it.

You can also create a slideshow with a variety of options and use your own songs as the music. All in all, not going to be used very often, but well made and it's even fun, as you'd expect from Nintendo.