IGNORED

Help ID unknown 2600 game

Pitfall Harry

I finally decided to go to eBay to get that first Zellers cart to add to the collection. I bought a loose Time Warp... or so I thought. It arrived in the mail today and it's end label says Time Warp. The main label matches the label for Time Warp in the AtariAge database, too. But when I played it, my Time Warp did not play anything like the Time Warp ROM in the AA database. In fact, my Time Warp played like none of the games listed as Zellers, nor like any other game I could find.

My first question is: Could somebody who owns a Zellers Time Warp check to see if the AtariAge database has the same game you have listed in their database. If yours matches the AA entry, please let me know. If it does match, then my next question is...

Does anybody know what THIS game is?

UnknownGame.png

???

Ben

This one came from Canada. So I'm fairly confident it is a Zellers, though not completely certain.

Thanks for checking, Thomas. I think it is UFO Patrol. Apparently, the version I've got is NTSC.

But it's all moot now. The cartridge only worked for a few hours last night. Now, despite my every effort to revive it, the cartridge is totally dead. So, I still don't have a Zellers cart! :sad:

Ben

Ben, do you have the ability to dump that cart?

At least if it dumps okay...and the info from the dump can be read in a emu than we know the cart still lives...

Just curious...as that game doesn't look like anything I have seen either.

Too bad it smoked on you so quickly... :(

I'm not sure what to make of this. I downloaded Time Warp CCE, and that is what we had on the site.

Based on Thomas' information, I downloaded Time Race 2, and that looked very close but some of the colors were slighly different from your screenshot. The helicpoters are more yellow than green like yours.

I downloaded UFO Patrol, and the colors were totally wrong (blue cavern wall as opposed to red).

Ben, how did you take that screenshot?

I made my screenshot by downloading the UFO Patrol ROM, playing it on an emulator and taking a screenshot of the emulated game.

But the colors from the emulator were all wrong. The cavern walls were blue. The helicopters were orange, the second set of UFOs were green, the third set were light violet and the maze was a darker violet.

So I recolored my helicopter screenshot in a graphic editor to make it match as closely as I could to what I saw when I played the real cart on my TV, which is the screenshot at the top of this thread. Before my cart died on me, I also noted that the second wave of UFO's were pink, the third wave were blue and the maze was red/orange.

If you could email me the .BIN for Time Race 2, I'm sure I could tell you from memory whether the colors match exactly. But I'll never be able to dump my ROM. It really appears to be dead.

Ben

Gee, I can't believe that it never occurred to me to read the Time Warp instructions until now. It gives a pretty accurate description of the gameplay for the game which has just replaced the old Time Warp entry in the AA database.

Has anyone identified the game which was replaced yet? I kinda hate to see a working 2600 ROM .BIN drop off into oblivion.

Ben