IGNORED

Wii Points cards as rare as Wii systems

AtariJr

I kid you not, every store in the area is out of these... to the point where if i ask an employee if they have them in stock they just laugh at me. Best Buy said that none were scheduled for shipment in the computer. I remember when the Wii came out i could get these and classic controlllers up the wazu, now points cards and evern the classic controllers (in some places) are hard to find, what happened? What did everyone want some new games play so they got VC games? even so, no shipments? Ive checked Walmart for the last 3 weeks, Best Buy the last two, and Toys R us and Gamestop tonight.. UGH :twisted:

PS: OHH but they have Xbox Live cards up the wazoo! -_-

Edited by AtariJr

I kid you not, every store in the area is out of these... to the point where if i ask an employee if they have them in stock they just laugh at me. Best Buy said that none were scheduled for shipment in the computer. I remember when the Wii came out i could get these and classic controlllers up the wazu, now points cards and evern the classic controllers (in some places) are hard to find, what happened? What did everyone want some new games play so they got VC games? even so, no shipments? Ive checked Walmart for the last 3 weeks, Best Buy the last two, and Toys R us and Gamestop tonight.. UGH :twisted:

PS: OHH but they have Xbox Live cards up the wazoo! -_-

I think it's because it's easier to just buy the points online. It takes like 10 seconds as opposed to running out and buying the cards and then inputting the codes. I have like 25 Live games, and have yet to purchase a Live Points card. I'm guessing Nintendo is more interested in producing and shipping Wii's then producing those cards. Their pre-Christmas assurance that Wii stock wouldn't be an issue like it was with Microsoft and Sony seems to maybe a false statement. I never see Wii's on the shelf. The Classic Controllers are everywhere here now. Not sure about the Wii Points card though.

well, id buy it with a credit card, but i got rid of mine sophmore year, and havent needed it these other two years... i find with a card i spend money i dont have (like that tv and that sony psone screen at best buy) sigh..

oh well, my roomates wont help me out even though i had the money to give them.. cest la vie.. ill just have to keep looking.

Hmmm Yeah I didn't think about that. I was going to tell you Wal Mart has them for sale online, but I guess that still doesn't help you without a credit card. If I see any around here I'll snag one for you if you want.

ah its ok, with red steel and metal slug bought, i only have enough money for one more wii game for now, and thast going to Sonic on the 20th ((not the 27th like previously stated)). Thanks though, if i get more moola and still cant find one, ill drop you an IM.

I was at my local WalMart yesterday and they had 2 boxes of Wii systems (6 Wii's in total) BUT they where behind the cash and I saw two 16 to 18 or so year old employee's talking and it went something like this:

"oh man, we got more in?"

"Shut up man, these aren't going on the floor"

I think that is about word for word what they said, the little bastards.

I'm still debating the classic controller. It's only $24.99 and I got a GC controller for a nice guy on this forum for $6 shipped, so it's safe to say I got a great deal and could toss a few bucks in for the controller. I suspect I'll only be downloading 20-25 games in the console's lifespan tops unless they lower the price, but those 20-25 games will be among the best of all time. It is probably worth the investment.

Anyone used it and know how it feels? How long is the cord that connects to the Wiimote?

I was one of those that felt (and stated) that upon the Wii's launch that NO ONE would have any problem finding any systems or accessories if they wanted them. I fully believed that the Wii would be popular but no where near as popular as the 360 or PS3 were at their launch and that you would be able to walk into almost any store and buy a system if you wanted. Besides, Nintendo said they would have plenty of systems available for anyone who wanted one.

I'm still shocked that over 2months after launch that anything Wii related is still almost impossible to find and still fetching prices higher than the MSRP on eBay. And I'd be willing to bet that Nintendo itself never envisioned the popularity of the Wii to be this great either. Couple the high demand for the Wii along with the high demand/short supply of DS Lites and Nintendo must be really, really smiling.

Mendon

Anyone used it and know how it feels? How long is the cord that connects to the Wiimote?

I have it and it feels and handles really, really well. I think it is very well designed and makes playing Sim City a snap.

In regards to the cord, that's the problem I have with the CC as I feel the cord is much too short. I was using the CC not too long ago and had the Wii-mote sitting on a table next to me and managed to pull the Wii-mote off the table twice while playing. I'm hoping that either (A) Nyko or some other company makes an extender cable, or (B) that the rumors of a "soon to be released" wireless Nunchuk/CC from Nintendo are true.

Other than the short cord, I really like the CC and think its money well spent.

Mendon

I second that.. its a great controller, makes F-Zero a breeze. Btw, the controller cord is short yes, finding a spot for the remote to go is sually embarrassing as it goes between yoru legs or something lol. Also its 19.99, not 24.99, your getting ripped off.

Well I went to the mall to buy a classic controller... they didn't have any.

I am gonna have to go there at 8am when Wii Play comes out, that is going to be impossible to find for a long time!

I heard that wiiplay is pretty bad.

at least that's what EGM said. it's supposedly just a bunch of watered-down mini games.

I think Wii Play is gonna be another one of those games much better than the magazines say it is. Wii Sports never gets rated too high and it's one of the best of all time. I play 'em for fun and fun only. I can't imagine the Duck Hunt reworking and Pool not being worth the $15.

But on a side note, I now have no choice but to get a classic controller. Anyone hoping to play Super Mario World on your GC controller is sadly mistaken. The controls are set up so it's impossible to run and do a normal jump. You can run and do a spinning jump, but try doing that on Yoshi's back and you'll see my problem.

Well I went to the mall to buy a classic controller... they didn't have any.

I am gonna have to go there at 8am when Wii Play comes out, that is going to be impossible to find for a long time!

I heard that wiiplay is pretty bad.

at least that's what EGM said. it's supposedly just a bunch of watered-down mini games.

That's pretty much what it is... a few mini games but these will do really well when people see that they get a remote with the game.

Some of the games are better than others... that tank game looks like it'll be fun.

These releases are exactly what Nintendo needs to have in order to maintain the interest. They are cheap to produce and really provide entertainment to a broader customer base.

yea remember IGN's "oops". when the rated Wii Sports in the 7's then said they played it more than Madden which got a better score? They said "this is actually more entertaining and addicting than we thought" or something like that. And yea, EGM also said that Red Steel was horrible and didnt want a sequal.. what did they play it for, 2 minutes?