IGNORED

Vigilante on the VC!

bretthorror

Nope, this would be for the Turbografx-16. I've never tried that version of the game, but it's supposed to be a faithful conversion of the arcade beat 'em up.

There's just one problem, though... the game has next to no depth. You scroll from left to right, punching out goons as they flood the screen. It's a lot like the game you're using as an avatar, but with slow, plodding characters. I'd save that six bucks unless Vigilante was a childhood favorite of yours.

JR

Nope, this would be for the Turbografx-16. I've never tried that version of the game, but it's supposed to be a faithful conversion of the arcade beat 'em up.

There's just one problem, though... the game has next to no depth. You scroll from left to right, punching out goons as they flood the screen. It's a lot like the game you're using as an avatar, but with slow, plodding characters. I'd save that six bucks unless Vigilante was a childhood favorite of yours.

JR

Hmmm, I've always just wanted to try it. I love Streets of Rage, Double Dragon, etc... but I guess I better wait for reviews than. I wouldn't pay $6 for Kung Fu 2.

I had the TG16 version. It's pretty much exactly as Jess described it. It's mildly amusing and has nice graphics but overall it's not great, just OK.

The best part is the opening screen...

"Skinheads have captured your girlfriend Madonna..." That's *&@#$@ brillant!

Hmmm, I've always just wanted to try it. I love Streets of Rage, Double Dragon, etc... but I guess I better wait for reviews than. I wouldn't pay $6 for Kung Fu 2.

That was my thought exactly. I think I'm waiting for Streets of Rage or Final Fight. A little side-scrolling beat 'em up would be fun, but Vigilante was just a little too primitive IMO.

The best part is the opening screen...

"Skinheads have captured your girlfriend Madonna..." That's *&@#$@ brillant!

I remember on the SMS, they were called the Rogues, and it replicated the arcade opening screen,

"The Rogues have taken Madonna hostage.

Take the law into your own hands!"

I remember when I was repeating that to one of my friends, he replied, "And drop it!"

Also, in the arcade, it sounds like the bosses are going 'Hard Comer!' WTF?

And, WTF do they only give you two lives and three continues in the TG-16 version?

Edited by LarcenTyler

JR

I was often wondering if it was possible for Irem to rip off their own game? I mean, for the most part, it's pretty much the same as Kung-Fu Master.