IGNORED

Spectravision Gold Mine on ebay

mimo

Well it is incredibly rare. Up until last year it was considered to be vaporware, but now it appears that it was only produced in small amounts (like Matterhorn). Complete in box too... That's really not an unfair price to ask, although I don't think he'll get it.

Tempest

The seller likely has several copies. He has several copies of Atari VCS Spectravision super-rare stuff found in a warehouse or something and has been selling them again and again on ebay (Check the aucitons in his feedback to see how many Atari VCS keybaords he's sold)

I'd bid on this but I fear there are a dozen more waiting in the wings and the value will plummet soon.

The seller likely has several copies. He has several copies of Atari VCS Spectravision super-rare stuff found in a warehouse or something and has been selling them again and again on ebay (Check the aucitons in his feedback to see how many Atari VCS keybaords he's sold)

I'd bid on this but I fear there are a dozen more waiting in the wings and the value will plummet soon.

I bet you're right. All the stuff he sells "Ships from Venezuela" and is NOS. Makes me wonder if he had / has access to a distribution hub for computer products into South America. It's some great rare stuff, but for all we know he has hundreds of copies of everything they put up. It's definitely not a private collection, and Venezuela strikes me as an odd origin point.

But that's not to say he's not a good dealer. He seems to be reputable and trust worthy, but he must know that if he has 50 copies of shrinkwrapped Gold Mine, it's not as rare as he claims and that price is not sustainable.

He seems to be reputable and trust worthy, but he must know that if he has 50 copies of shrinkwrapped Gold Mine, it's not as rare as he claims and that price is not sustainable.

Sure, the price will go down if he decides to sell the fifty copies he has one at a time. That won't make the game less rare though: I believe not more than three copies of Gold Mine have appeared on eBay in ten years... and not a single one boxed!

--

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com