IGNORED

The Wii is giving me new habits!

Mendon

It just dawned on me this morning that recently the Wii is giving me new habits.

It used to be in 2006 BW (Before Wii) I would get up in the morning, start the coffee pot, and get on the computer to check Email and news. But now... I plug in the coffee pot and turn on the Wii to check and see: if any new Mii's are visiting my home; check on todays weather in Florida along with the weather for my brother in the mountains of Nevada and in my hometown of Lansing, MI (brrrr... cold there this morning!!!); and scan the news headlines to see whats going on. After this, I then go to the computer to check my Email.

I never would have thought when I purchased the Wii that it would be anything more than a game machine but I've quickly found that it has become a part of my morning routine. Wonder if Nintendo had this planned all along.

Mendon

Wow, I have fallen in to that habit as well. :) After my shower I fire up the Wii to see if any more Mii's have joined the parade (I'm up to 9), check the weather, and I also do a quick check of my e-mail.

I also try to do a little Wii Sports training mode in the evenings. It isn't much exercise, but it is some (and more than I would typically get in the evening).

The Wii has ingrained itself more in to my daily routine than other consoles have. It is probably in part the "newness" of the system.

Oh ya, and I play some games on it now and then.

I also try to do a little Wii Sports training mode in the evenings. It isn't much exercise, but it is some (and more than I would typically get in the evening).

I started doing this too - The Wii Sports fitness test everyday. It's not really indicitive of anything since the trials are so random and if you suck at boxing, you're going to suck that day, but it is fun

I usually throw on the Wii in the morning, check the weather, check my messages, sometimes check AA and often play 10 or 15 minutes worth of a VC game. Lately it's been Mario Kart