IGNORED

Any one own an Atari joypad?

General Atarian

I got one with the PAL Jr. I bought. I dont know if it was just this particular pad, or all of them, but I thought they were terrible. the pad had trouble defining left from down, the buttons got stuck, and in general it felt very tacky.

I know they are rare, but I swapped my one for two atari joysticks.

I auctioned off a pair 6-9 months ago. I've got another pair that I don't use. (Of the Atari sticks I prefer the big stick thing that came with the 7800 in the US, but I'm using an Epyx at the moment)

I'll lookup how much the winning bid was and you can have them both for that or one for half.

Oh yeah, I'm in Australia, so you'll need to pay postage. I have PayPal. Private-message me if you're particularly interested, or specifically not, otherwise I'll post the details here sometime in the next 48 hours.

There ok to play with, but I think the good old 2600 joystick is better and as far as buying some, there is a guy right now on ebay who seems to own about a billion of them because he always has them to sell, he sells them in pairs for $29.00.

:roll: :o :lolblue:

I love my joypad i use it more than any of my atari joysticks. The left and right prob is cuz of the weird thumb stick but the thumb sticks screws right off and the joypad becomes much like the NES pad.But ive gotten the hang of it with the thumb stick and dont have the left and right prob anymore.

I have a couple but I never use them. Personally I'd much rather a decent microswitched joystick than one of Atari's gamepads.

If you really want to use a gamepad on the 2600 the Genesis pads should be easy to find and IMHO are a better pad as well.

I have a joypad. I use it on my st rather than with my 2600 as that is my main game machine. It's not bad, while I did notice that buttons get stuck, I have no problem with left/right.

However, if you're an 'enthusiastic' player, you may prefer something that's a lot more solid....