IGNORED

Atari XC12 Tape drive problem

Disco_Dave

Hello

It's my first time posting here on AtariAge, so please forgive me if i ask something that already has been answered.

I have a 800XL and bought a XC12 tape drive cause my old 1010 broken down. The new XC12 seems to work without a seperate power supply but the problem is that it doesnt actually work.

The tape driver only works in "shifts". For example when rewinding the tape it starts rewinding but stops after a few moments (like it gets stuck or something) and then starts again, just to block up again and so on and so on. Its also very hard to open the tape drive ( i have to reset a few times to get the lid to open)

Can it be that the tape drive doesn't get enough power from the atari?

Edited by Disco_Dave

Thx for the tips, i'll try somethings tonight but the tape drive was new and sealed so worn belts would suck really hard.

Well the belts are rubber and it ages over time... Getting replacements isn't so hard and they are fairly easy to replace (I've done it 3 or 4 times now and I'm about as handy as a chocolate teapot)

I don't recall the dimensions on the xc12, but I've purchased replacement belts from here

http://www.action-electronics.com/belts.ht...ve+belt#Measure

Or you might want to email http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/ they have all kinds of cool stuff, probably have or can tell you where to get the correct belts...

• 7 years later...