IGNORED

sweetsstuff4u ships boxed game in bubble envelope

holygrailvideogames.com

The other game that I bought from sweetsstuff4u arrived today. It also was shipped in a bubble envelope and this time the condition is even worse than the first game.

Can you take pictures of the packaging and the games? Also, out of curiosity, how much was the postage and what did he charge you?

..Al

Oh, didn't know that. CanadaPost would never do something like a give away. They are the "take all you got and fuck it up on you" type. :roll:

I don't even live in Canada but I have a pretty low opinion of CanadaPost as well as Canadian Customs. :D

..Al

Don't even get me started about Canadian fuckin' customs and their total bullshit charges and package delays. I've got hit with customs twice this week on the three packages that arrived. :x

Don't even get me started about Canadian fuckin' customs and their total bullshit charges and package delays. I've got hit with customs twice this week on the three packages that arrived. :x

That's one good thing about the US--I've never had to pay customs on anything at all coming into the US. This includes an entire pallet of boxed game controllers that came over from Europe (which they did inspect). I'd be unhappy if I had to deal with Canadian customs all the time.

..Al

That's one good thing about the US--I've never had to pay customs on anything at all coming into the US. This includes an entire pallet of boxed game controllers that came over from Europe (which they did inspect). I'd be unhappy if I had to deal with Canadian customs all the time.

..Al

I've had peoples mark the package as electronics for salvage with a value of $10 USD and even that isn't working as well anymore. This weeks charges for said listed package types: $13.30 and $8.70, almost full declaired value paid in customs fee's on top of it. Good thing the shit was actually worth a couple hundred or I would have been REALLY pissed.

The other game that I bought from sweetsstuff4u arrived today. It also was shipped in a bubble envelope and this time the condition is even worse than the first game.

Can you take pictures of the packaging and the games? Also, out of curiosity, how much was the postage and what did he charge you?

..Al

Here is a picture of the one envelope and the one game. He charged $4.99 for shipping. It was sent first class. The post office charges $1.11 for a 4 ounce package. I think that there might be a 13 cent charge when shipping this through PayPal.

He even is using the free labels that UPS give out - not meant to be used for USPS.

post-44-1171760267_thumb.jpg

post-44-1171760273_thumb.jpg

post-44-1171760282_thumb.jpg

post-44-1171760289_thumb.jpg

post-44-1171760294_thumb.jpg

Edited by mcgrail0007

I don't even live in Canada but I have a pretty low opinion of CanadaPost as well as Canadian Customs. :D
I think both USPS and Canada Post are great in comparison to MexiPost... :sad: When I have items shipped from the US to here, it always takes a minimum of three weeks... and about 10% of the packages never arrive!

Here is a picture of the one envelope and the one game. He charged $4.99 for shipping. It was sent first class. The post office charges $1.11 for a 4 ounce package. I think that there might be a 13 cent charge when shipping this through PayPal.

He even is using the free labels that UPS give out - not meant to be used for USPS.

Thanks for the pictures and additional information. I'm sure UPS would like to know he's using their labels for USPS shipments. He's certainly not going to get any repeat business with this type of service.

..Al

I bought atari karts from him and got it in a bubble envelope and the box was crushed. PISSED ME OFF. I have bought several jag games off ebay and only a few have been sent in boxes. I got one game today in an envelope and the envelope was torn and the box was sticking out. The game was NIB sealed. It managed to stay minty fresh though. Not even a bent corner.

Jim

I can see someone who is not a game dealer shipping a boxed game in a bubble envelope. I don't understand at all when game dealers do this.

Greed. Bubble envelopes are much cheaper than boxes, plus they don't require any additional packing material. Additionally, they are much lighter than a box, so the seller saves money on shipping also. People who don't give a rat's ass about customer satisfication will penny pinch any way they can once they get your money.

..Al

Personally, I am always very unhappy when I purchase a boxed game and it arrives in a bubble wrapper. However, when I sell boxed games on eBay I always give the buyer two shipping options: 1. Priority mail in a box, and 2. 1st class mail in an envelope. Priority Mail obviously costs a few dollars more, but it still amazes me that probably 75% or more of all buyers pick the envelope, sometimes even after dropping $30-40+ on the game. I always make sure to carefully pad the game box, but still. I really don't get it. Of course for two or more boxed games, the savings from using an envelope isn't very significant, so at that point I would only offer a Priority box. My costs are LESS when I use Priority Mail, since the packaging is free, but I still keep offering the envelope as a lower cost shipping option. What can I say.

Shipping boxed games in a bubble envelope is not cool. I ship all my cartridges boxed, boxed game or loose game, it doesn't make any difference. My boxes (as well as the inner packing materials) are recycled from stuff that is sent to me as well as the recycling bins at the office - it may not always look "like new" pretty, but usually I can strip off all the external labels and tape and get it down to a pretty clean box and who cares how many times that bubble wrap or pile of foam peanuts has been around the world. It gets the job done and I don't feel economically compelled to pass inflated shipping costs on to my buyers - pretty much what the scale says is what it will cost at the USPS, based on their fee tables - but I'm just one guy into games for fun, not as a money-making business.

Personally, I am always very unhappy when I purchase a boxed game and it arrives in a bubble wrapper. However, when I sell boxed games on eBay I always give the buyer two shipping options: 1. Priority mail in a box, and 2. 1st class mail in an envelope. Priority Mail obviously costs a few dollars more, but it still amazes me that probably 75% or more of all buyers pick the envelope, sometimes even after dropping $30-40+ on the game. I always make sure to carefully pad the game box, but still. I really don't get it. Of course for two or more boxed games, the savings from using an envelope isn't very significant, so at that point I would only offer a Priority box. My costs are LESS when I use Priority Mail, since the packaging is free, but I still keep offering the envelope as a lower cost shipping option. What can I say.

I always ship games in a box, whether they are loose carts or boxed games. Even if you give the buyer an option to choose between an envelope and a box, it's not worth the headache of dealing with a buyer who is pissed that their game arrived crushed because they chose the cheaper option. That's why I only ship in a box. For games sold through the AtariAge Store, I do offer first class or priority mail shipping, but both options are shipped in a box. New boxes are pretty inexpensive, and obviously for priority mail there are free boxes, although I do not always use them.

..Al

If anyone's got room to complain, it's Al. What he didn't mention is that the packages are packed like they're new from a factory.

I figured he'd ship my homebrews in a box with the styrofoam packing. He also put the carts themselves in plastic bags, taped those, and slid the instructions into a plastic bag. Most of the time when I get instructions, they're sandwiched between two cardboard layers.

Al does a good job with packaging.

On the other hand, anyone who ships a boxed game in a bubbelope need to have their lips ripped off. One can easily remove the cart and literature, then compress the box and do the cardboard sandwich thing. But to ship them just in the box in an envelope is kinda retarded.

What the HELL?!?!?!

Sweetstuff4u keps rejecting my damn offers on his Jaguar stuff. I offered 1 penny for I-war. And I offered a whole dime for a damn catbox! He rejected them all. :(

Looks like I'll have to keep offering 1 penny for his games. LOL

Edited by EricDeLee

Man!!! i bought from the seller you are talking about many times. Lots of boxed games!!! I have never had a problem with shipping.

Did you pay for priority shipping? Or did you buy the cheap shipping?

I bought that lot of 8 different boxed NEW atari games. None of them came damaged. Plus i bought a sealed ms. pac-man 2600 for $5 and it came in good shape.

All games i bought came in a box. No envelope!!!

Sometimes when dealing on ebay its how you treat people. Im always nice to the sellers! It works ive became friends with a few and get some kickass discounts now.

Man!!! i bought from the seller you are talking about many times. Lots of boxed games!!! I have never had a problem with shipping.

Did you pay for priority shipping? Or did you buy the cheap shipping?

I bought that lot of 8 different boxed NEW atari games. None of them came damaged. Plus i bought a sealed ms. pac-man 2600 for $5 and it came in good shape.

All games i bought came in a box. No envelope!!!

Sometimes when dealing on ebay its how you treat people. Im always nice to the sellers! It works ive became friends with a few and get some kickass discounts now.

He only offered CHEAP shipping for $4.99. When he bought from me he paid a penney more ($5) and I wrapped the game in bubble wrap and shipped it in a priority box.

Edited by mcgrail0007

I bought atari karts from him and got it in a bubble envelope and the box was crushed. PISSED ME OFF. I have bought several jag games off ebay and only a few have been sent in boxes. I got one game today in an envelope and the envelope was torn and the box was sticking out. The game was NIB sealed. It managed to stay minty fresh though. Not even a bent corner.

Jim

I looked at his account on e-bay and I saw this:

post-5439-1171836749_thumb.jpg

???? Plenty of reason if you ask me.

From what I see, he's hoarding Jag stuff. Then setting the price on jag items because he has a fairly good stock of it. When you buy every Catbox yyou see and then sell them OVER the amount you paid for... simply because we don't have a choice... I have that right to take about this guy.

Plus... he's arrogant. Ask everyone in this thread and over in the Jag area. Why don't you tell THEM (all of the ones talking bad about him) the same you just told me? You got a beef with me or something?!

I state my opinion. And there was PLENTY of reason for that comment. This thread is talking about his Bubbleope crisis. If I recall correctly on the auctions I've seen of his... I haven't seen the 'discount available' before. It is strange that it is there now. Hense the reason I said "He's been snooping over here to see what we have to say"

He's done it before in the Jag threads. Hell... I'm new to the Jag forum but I've seen that quite a bit.

Now... I believe I explained my reasons very well...

Thank you....

???? Plenty of reason if you ask me.

From what I see, he's hoarding Jag stuff. Then setting the price on jag items because he has a fairly good stock of it. When you buy every Catbox yyou see and then sell them OVER the amount you paid for... simply because we don't have a choice... I have that right to take about this guy.

Plus... he's arrogant. Ask everyone in this thread and over in the Jag area. Why don't you tell THEM (all of the ones talking bad about him) the same you just told me? You got a beef with me or something?!

I state my opinion. And there was PLENTY of reason for that comment. This thread is talking about his Bubbleope crisis. If I recall correctly on the auctions I've seen of his... I haven't seen the 'discount available' before. It is strange that it is there now. Hense the reason I said "He's been snooping over here to see what we have to say"

He's done it before in the Jag threads. Hell... I'm new to the Jag forum but I've seen that quite a bit.

Now... I believe I explained my reasons very well...

Thank you....

No I'm not going to go tell everyone who's been dissing him to kiss off. That just wouldn't be right. I just don't like people jumping on a bandwagon to hate someone because everyone else does. My first post in this thread was to point this out exactly. I don't have beef with you, but I would ask you to please take a deep breath before you start venting in the wrong direction.