IGNORED

sweetsstuff4u ships boxed game in bubble envelope

holygrailvideogames.com

M: Ah. I'd like to have an argument, please.

R: Certainly sir. Have you been here before?

M: No, I haven't, this is my first time.

R: I see. Well, do you want to have just one argument, or were you thinking of taking a course?

M: Well, what is the cost?

R: Well, It's one pound for a five minute argument, but only eight pounds for a course of ten.

M: Well, I think it would be best if I perhaps started off with just the one and then see how it goes.

R: Fine. Well, I'll see who's free at the moment.

Pause

R: Mr. DeBakey's free, but he's a little bit conciliatory.

Ahh yes, Try Mr. Barnard; room 12.

M: Thank you.

(Walks down the hall. Opens door.)

Q: WHAT DO YOU WANT?

M: Well, I was told outside that...

Q: Don't give me that, you snotty-faced heap of parrot droppings!

M: What?

Q: Shut your festering gob, you tit! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert!!!

M: Look, I CAME HERE FOR AN ARGUMENT, I'm not going to just stand...!!

Q: OH, oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse.

M: Oh, I see, well, that explains it.

Q: Ah yes, you want room 12A, Just along the corridor.

M: Oh, Thank you very much. Sorry.

Q: Not at all.

M: Thank You.

(Under his breath) Stupid git!!

(Walk down the corridor)

M: (Knock)

A: Come in.

M: Ah, Is this the right room for an argument?

A: I told you once.

M: No you haven't.

A: Yes I have.

M: When?

A: Just now.

M: No you didn't.

A: Yes I did.

M: You didn't

A: I did!

M: You didn't!

A: I'm telling you I did!

M: You did not!!

A: Oh, I'm sorry, just one moment. Is this a five minute argument or the full half hour?

M: Oh, just the five minutes.

A: Ah, thank you. Anyway, I did.

M: You most certainly did not.

A: Look, let's get this thing clear; I quite definitely told you.

M: No you did not.

M: You didn't.

A: Did.

M: Oh look, this isn't an argument.

A: Yes it is.

M: No it isn't. It's just contradiction.

A: No it isn't.

M: It is!

A: It is not.

M: Look, you just contradicted me.

A: I did not.

M: Oh you did!!

A: No, no, no.

M: You did just then.

A: Nonsense!

M: Oh, this is futile!

M: I came here for a good argument.

A: No you didn't; no, you came here for an argument.

M: An argument isn't just contradiction.

A: It can be.

M: No it can't. An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

M: Yes it is! It's not just contradiction.

A: Look, if I argue with you, I must take up a contrary position.

M: Yes, but that's not just saying 'No it isn't.'

A: Yes it is!

M: No it isn't!

A: Yes it is!

M: Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes.

(short pause)

M: It is.

A: Not at all.

M: Now look.

A: (Rings bell) Good Morning.

M: What?

A: That's it. Good morning.

M: I was just getting interested.

A: Sorry, the five minutes is up.

M: That was never five minutes!

A: I'm afraid it was.

M: It wasn't.

Pause

A: I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue anymore.

M: What?!

A: If you want me to go on arguing, you'll have to pay for another five minutes.

M: Yes, but that was never five minutes, just now. Oh come on!

A: (Hums)

M: Look, this is ridiculous.

A: I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid!

M: Oh, all right.

(pays money)

A: Thank you.

short pause

M: Well?

A: Well what?

M: That wasn't really five minutes, just now.

A: I told you, I'm not allowed to argue unless you've paid.

M: I just paid!

A: No you didn't.

M: I DID!

A: No you didn't.

M: Look, I don't want to argue about that.

A: Well, you didn't pay.

M: Aha. If I didn't pay, why are you arguing? I Got you!

A: No you haven't.

M: Yes I have. If you're arguing, I must have paid.

A: Not necessarily. I could be arguing in my spare time.

M: Oh I've had enough of this.

A: No you haven't.

M: Oh Shut up.

(Walks down the stairs. Opens door.)

M: I want to complain.

C: You want to complain! Look at these shoes. I've only had them three weeks and the heels are worn right through.

M: No, I want to complain about...

C: If you complain nothing happens, you might as well not bother.

M: Oh!

C: Oh my back hurts, it's not a very fine day and I'm sick and tired of this office.

(Slams door. walks down corridor, opens next door.)

M: Hello, I want to... Ooooh!

H: No, no, no. Hold your head like this, then go Waaah. Try it again.

M: uuuwwhh!!

H: Better, Better, but Waah, Waah! Put your hand there.

M: No.

H: Now..

M: Waaaaah!!!

H: Good, Good! That's it.

M: Stop hitting me!!

H: What?

M: Stop hitting me!!

H: Stop hitting you?

M: Yes!

H: Why did you come in here then?

M: I wanted to complain.

H: Oh no, that's next door. It's being-hit-on-the-head lessons in here.

M: What a stupid concept.

jetset wrote:

I've sold enough to know how to treat a person buying from me. You apparently don't based on your response. and I've bought PLENTY in the past, but asshole sellers have driven me away and I rarely bother anymore, but do keep my eyes open for Atari stuff.

Oh really? You know how I treat customers based on a response? This is directed at you. Not at anyone else. You are one of those customers that complains and complains.

Jetset:

Please. Don't confuse me with someone who gives a shit. Because I don't, though I'm flattered you so closely keep track of my posting habits.

I don't keep track of your posting habits. I read most of the threads on here, and as soon as shipping comes into consideration, you stick you nose in it and bitch about it and think everyone is "fleecing" customers.

Jetset wrote:

No I don't work for ebay. However take a look at thier stock price. Last year thier stock price plummeted. It was pushing $50, and got down into the teens. this during a market rally, and it was only the Xmas season where they recovered slightly.

eBay trying to increase profitablity because they expanded and have much higher overhead has nothing to do with sellers having higher shipping charges.

jetset wrote:

Ah, so you're one of those losers that charges BS fees like "time spent taping up a box", and to "cover ebay's otrageous fees". That explains pretty much everything about you. No, "fair" shiping is charging the actual cost, plus depending on the item a little extra to cover the expenses. What I've bitched about are scumbag jerkoffs who send something in a .33 cent bubble mailer with a $1.00 stamp, then charge $5 bucks shipping and "handling", or sends something priority when the get free shipping materials, stuffs it with newspaper, spends $5 bucks on the stamp and charges $10 and so on. Being you are so busy researching and reading my rants you know that though.

So I'm a "loser" now? Listen you fucking moron: learn some reading comprehension skills. I specifically stated that I PAID SOMEONE TO DO ALL OF MY PACKING AND SHIPPING FOR ME. You are assuming I mentioned "time spent taping up a box?" You tell me, where is this person's hourly paid and expenses coming from? You think iSoldit doesn't charge hourly wages or something? YOu HAVE bitched about me when I stated how much I charged, and what I charged for. You are so busy being full of your own shit that you don't even realize the insults you throw at people in these previous threads. You forget, that if you EVER sell anything, you are looking even WORSE to people with your bullshit rants and raves about packaging this and that. I would NEVER buy anything from you because you have a severe attitude problem. I lived in Miami for 14 years, and I am glad I never ran into anyone like you, definitely giving people in Broward and Dade County a bad name with your insensitivity and assumptions.

33 cent bubble mailer? From where, in bulk? WHo has time to get all this stuff or room? I only have enough room for a Staples or Target run once a week for supplies. My mailers are not 33 cents, and I am not dumpster diving for materials. I purchase higher quality packaging materials. If you don't like the prices, don't bid, simple as that. You can't seem to handle how eBay works for sellers and buyers.

Why don't you search your own posts where I stated how much it costs me to sell a DVD when I charge $5 shipping, and you accuse people like me of "fleecing" my customers. I bet you go to the Fort Lauderdale Swap Shop and complain about the prices of $1 Atari Games there after you get them (see, I can spout out bonehead assumptions as well even though I don't know you)

jetset wrote:

Of course many would defend your position. Bad ebay sellers. and I know plenty about the "system" on ebay, which is why I rant.

And I have a right to say whatever I wish. Don't like it? TOUGH. Use the ignore button, or deal.

Bad eBay sellers? If you are a "good" eBay seller, I would rather take my chances with some guy who's questionable than the likes of yourself.

Shawn from PA, I guess you are a bad seller because you shipped me something for $2.30 and charged me $5 shipping!

Darth Vader charges mandatory insurance for everything and shipping one game is nearly $7! :)

Jetset, why don't you just make a thread with sellers that do this, RESPECTED MEMBERS of this board that everyone has no problem paying higher shipping charges for because we AGREE TO IT WHEN WE PURCHASE THE ITEMS.

You don't know half as much about eBay as you think you do. As monopolizing as they have become, and as high as the fees are, you have the gall to complain about someone trying to cover their materials and time charges. Oh yeah, that's right. MUST CHARGE EXACT AMOUNT OF SHIPPING, DRIVING TO POST OFFICE DOES NOT COUNT, WAITING IN LINE DOES NOT COUNT AT POST OFFICE FOR INTL SHIPMENTS, BUYING LARGER BOXES AT STAPLES DOES NOT COUNT, GO BUY IN BULK AND STORE THEM, PAY FOR EMPLOYEES OUT OF OWN POCKET! ROLLS OF TAPE? GET THEM FROM DUMPSTERS!

Pay for a worker and materials out of my own pocket, why sure Jetset! :roll:

Weeeeee, okay, enough with the name calling please, I don't want to have to lock this thread.

My opinion is to just ban this guy. Even if he's hoarding, he can't own it all. It's out there. Be patient. As for the guy who is supporting him with just a 4 feedback, he's probably sweetsstuff himself trying to make it look like he's a nice guy. I love newbies who out of the blue contradict what everyone in a thread is saying. I don't know sweets at all and have had no dealings with him, but I'm part of this community and if others of you have a problem with him, I think I shouldn't risk my money on him.

I already banned him as he was going on a posting frenzy, spamming various Jaguar and Marketplace threads pimping his store, bragging about how he was buying up all the CatBoxes so he could drive the price up on them, and so forth.

..Al

Jetset's "About Me" ebay page:

Now, before you read this, just check the attitude of how he "expects" to be treated. Granted, he says it up front, but it is one of the most lambastic things I have ever read. And Jetset, I hardly call 174 feedback dealing with all intricacies of eBay's ins and outs that sellers and buyers with thousands of transactions have.

"I am an ebay buyer.

I sometimes sell, but mostly I am your customer. Treat me well, for I keep you in business, make you money, pay your bills. Unfortunately, remembering the credo "the customer is always right" was lost years ago, before Ebay and has only worsened since.

Here's a few fun facts;

1)If I buy from you. Expect prompt payment. Guaranteed. In return, I expect you to do the right thing and leave me feedback. Don't bother holding my due feedback hostage. If you think you can jerk me aound...take forever to ship, send a different item than pictured...whatever, expect a big...fat...NEGATIVE from me. You can neg me back I don't care. You're still getting one, period dot end of story.

2) Please...if your shipping includes some bs out or whack "handling fee" please, refund my money before you ship my item. And dont pull that "shipping is stated" stuff either. You see, most people assume honesty in a seller. When I see $10.00 for shipping, that tells me the stamp costs somewhere in that range, NOT $6.00 with a $4.00 fee for "handling". Unless you state your handling fee, you are truly NOT stating the shipping charge. As such, if my item comes with a .99 cent stamp, and you charged me $5.00 (for example) expect a big...fat...NEGATIVE from me.

3) Another no-brainer here...dont ignore my emails hoping I go away if I send one asking why my item hasn't arrived, or isnt as described, or whatever...it won't work. That's the best way to get a big..fat...well, you know the rest. Notice a trend here?

4) Ok here's my favorite no brainer. Please don't bother asking me for feedback if you haven't done the right thing and given feedback to me. If you bought something from a store, and the owner says to you "aren't you going to thank me for shopping in MY store and buying MY stuff".....would you thank him? Would you ever shop there again?

As you see I have a few negs, which really I didnt deserve but in both cases the seller tried to pull a fast one, and I called them on it. The first guy ignored my emails and phone calls for over a month. Sure enough, the minute I filed a complaint with ebay and negged him, he shipped the item (and negged me back of course) The second CLOWN was even better. This nutjob got my money about 30 minutes after I won. Then, took 3 weeks to ship my item. Again, no replies to emails, and no due feedback for my prompt payment. I filed a paypal complaint, gave a negative feedback and the SAME DAY he replied. Of course, several other people got stuck with his crappy service and negged him too. He tried passing off that he was on vacation. This CLOWN even tried scaring me into believing he was going to sue me. Both CLOWNS are no longer registered so that tells you something about the negs I rec'd from them.

All this said...if you are an honest seller you'll be glad when I buy and win your item. Try screwing me over and you'll get the same back from me.

What little I sold on eBay I charged exact shipping at least within a dollar or 2 most!

as a Buyer/little bit Seller since 1999 I can say I dont give a Crap about what Packing materials, Gas to Post office or what ever above whats reasonable to ship

Most buyers DONT care what extra expenses are I dont !

I look at the Amount paid on the package if its way less then what i was charged then I dont deal with that seller again no biggie

Want to make enough to cover someone packing and driving items to the Post Office then Set a RESERVE or a High enough BIN!

These statements are for Ebay transactions not legitimate online Business's Like Amazon or AtariAge etc

Edited by HatNJ

Hell even people he's banned get very little public comment from Albert.

Point being...it's obvious this guy is a piece of work to piss a person like Albert off. Why you can't see through this guy is beyond me at least.

Well I believe in my opinion, it was because Albert was threatened. Also there was a "reasonable" basis for the threat and that basis is personal information being posted without permission. With Albert being the "owner" of the board, it directly concerned him in a serious legal way.

Ok here it is, flat out.....I'm not for sweetsstuff right now, I had just better get my stuff that I ordered in the condition it was ordered or you guys will see beyond pissed, ok? You'll have to block minors off this site to keep from reading the hate that I will post. I won't stop there, oh no, you'll see...but in the mean time, he has stated that he will ship the items in the condition they were described and I hold him to his word.

How in the BLUE hell can you make a statement like that after all the stuff you just said in this thread to cause us to question you? You flat out had SS4U's back... when he SHOULD be left out to dry.

Then you make this statement? After being pissy with Albert, and practically pulling your infamous school yard girly gossip with the one guy Albert banned? Telling on your friends and laughing at us, then pretending to be our friend again when we question if you have balls under your skirt?

That's it.... Out of my damn sand box.

Sorry... but I'm not impressed and I question where your integrity lies.

Who are you to put me on fucking trial? ::kicks sand in your face and stomps off::

Get a life man, you've got better things to do than to fuck with this, I'm sure.

2) Please...if your shipping includes some bs out or whack "handling fee" please, refund my money before you ship my item. And dont pull that "shipping is stated" stuff either. You see, most people assume honesty in a seller. When I see $10.00 for shipping, that tells me the stamp costs somewhere in that range, NOT $6.00 with a $4.00 fee for "handling". Unless you state your handling fee, you are truly NOT stating the shipping charge. As such, if my item comes with a .99 cent stamp, and you charged me $5.00 (for example) expect a big...fat...NEGATIVE from me.

I have no problem with sellers who are clear about handling fees, especially if the seller spends time to pack the item well, and/or if fees are discounted on multi-item purchases. I don't have a problem with someone who charges $10 of "handling", on top of shipping charges, for a movie projector that is packed well using some large pieces of polystyrene foam that were cut to fit. And I don't have any problem with someone who charges $5 handling on a $1 game cartridge if that person also charges $5 handling on ten.

If people can't make enough money from selling their stuff on eBay to make it worth their while, they're unlikely to bother. And that doesn't do anyone any good.

After reading this thread, all I can say is WOW! Lots of emotion here.

Guess I have another topic to avoid at the dinner table: politics, religion, is the Jaguar really 64 bit, and now shipping fee's.

(and Thanks for the Monty laugh, CPUWiz!!)

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

Hell even people he's banned get very little public comment from Albert.

Point being...it's obvious this guy is a piece of work to piss a person like Albert off. Why you can't see through this guy is beyond me at least.

Well I believe in my opinion, it was because Albert was threatened. Also there was a "reasonable" basis for the threat and that basis is personal information being posted without permission. With Albert being the "owner" of the board, it directly concerned him in a serious legal way.

Ok here it is, flat out.....I'm not for sweetsstuff right now, I had just better get my stuff that I ordered in the condition it was ordered or you guys will see beyond pissed, ok? You'll have to block minors off this site to keep from reading the hate that I will post. I won't stop there, oh no, you'll see...but in the mean time, he has stated that he will ship the items in the condition they were described and I hold him to his word.

How in the BLUE hell can you make a statement like that after all the stuff you just said in this thread to cause us to question you? You flat out had SS4U's back... when he SHOULD be left out to dry.

Then you make this statement? After being pissy with Albert, and practically pulling your infamous school yard girly gossip with the one guy Albert banned? Telling on your friends and laughing at us, then pretending to be our friend again when we question if you have balls under your skirt?

That's it.... Out of my damn sand box.

Sorry... but I'm not impressed and I question where your integrity lies.

Who are you to put me on fucking trial? ::kicks sand in your face and stomps off::

Get a life man, you've got better things to do than to fuck with this, I'm sure.

If you will go back and remember things correctly: YOU WERE THE ONE THAT SINGLED ME OUT.

Don't ever try to single me out from the crowd and think I'll let it simply pass. Kick sand in my face... I don't give a rat's ass. I know for a fact you got a beef with me from the past over a dissagreement and you singled me out amongst the crowd.

When you piss on the ant hill... expect the army of ants to be pissed off and charge right back at you. That simple.

Go back to your spooning session with ol' SS4U. Enjoy your games... Leave me out of it.

After reading this thread, all I can say is WOW! Lots of emotion here.

Guess I have another topic to avoid at the dinner table: politics, religion, is the Jaguar really 64 bit, and now shipping fee's.

(and Thanks for the Monty laugh, CPUWiz!!)

Mendon

Hmmm... IS the Jaguar really a 64bit machine? ;)

You know.. I have read this thru and the Massive Thief post and for the life of me.. Why would anyone really want to back this guy up?

I agree with Al, this guy WILL do the right thing and ship the items to Guitarmas just so he can post all is well. After reading this here and over a DP.. there are a lot of hard feelings.. Tough road to repair..but with Guitarmas's help..he may try. But it will be a long hard road..

I just bought Theme Park from Go Atari and they shipped the game in a bubble envelope. Luckily, the game was not smashed.

Don't these sellers think. If I am buying a paying a premium for having the game new and still shrink wrapped, why would I want it to arrive in worse than used condition? They are just trying to be greedy. If you can get free boxes from the post office, they are just stupid.

That doesn't sound like GoAtari :( Everytime I've gotten items from him, they've always came in a box and nicely packaged, don't know why he'd suddenly send items in bubble envelope :/

I doubt one person getting exceptional service from this guy is gonna change the stuff the guy posted on here and the many people he's messed with. The majority won't buy from him so that will hurt his business significantly since he's claimed he's a "business man" and only in it for the profit, with what he pays for his inventory and what he won't be getting in sales will certainly bankrupt him, thats good old fashion karma. :D

I just ordered from goatari as well... bubblelope for a sealed copy of Myst (Jaguar).

One side smooshed. I would be upset if I was worried about box condition.

That's sad and there's really no excuse for that. Just curious, how much did they charge you for shipping and how much did it actually cost them?

..Al

I just ordered from goatari as well... bubblelope for a sealed copy of Myst (Jaguar).

One side smooshed. I would be upset if I was worried about box condition.

That's sad and there's really no excuse for that. Just curious, how much did they charge you for shipping and how much did it actually cost them?

..Al

They charged $4.05

It cost $2.31 to ship

Not too bad...

But... like I said... had I wanted the box in pristine condition I'd be mad

Well... you confirmed what we all expected. It would arrive for you... perfect and more than likely with EXTRA shipping precautions that he normally does not give. Why? To try to prove the guys on here wrong.

I don't even care about that.

What I care about are two things:

You singled me out... therefore I lashed back. That is to be expected

Secondly: I still consider you to be a coward and a backstabber to talk about those on this board to the ONE PERSON we are all talking about. It is very two-faced in my opinion.

There... I'm done. I've drawn my line with SS4U and for you as well.

'nuff said

Every package arrived exactly as described.

Sweetsstuff4u is a recommended seller in my list.

I am extremely pleased with the games I received.

I will continue to buy from this seller.

Thank you, and I'm outta this discussion. :D

There's a big surprise, the games boxed and even with bubble wrap around the games inside the boxes. You haven't proven anything here except that you were his pawn in this game.

..Al

Yeah - guitarmas, keep supporting a guy who sends threats via ebay msgs to other folks that bid on auctions he wants. I prob have enough data to revoke his 'power seller' rating but lucky for him Im not that kind of person.

I bought alot of stuff from GoAtari and almost all of it came in a box, however some of the boxes were already crushed in 1 corner (sourstank bought alot of this stuff)

Anyhow,

The last item I got was a new Doom cart - this came in bubble wrap today. Luckily this cart is packed solid in the box and is tough to crunch so its in good shape.

I can see someone who is not a game dealer shipping a boxed game in a bubble envelope. I don't understand at all when game dealers do this.

Greed. Bubble envelopes are much cheaper than boxes, plus they don't require any additional packing material. Additionally, they are much lighter than a box, so the seller saves money on shipping also. People who don't give a rat's ass about customer satisfication will penny pinch any way they can once they get your money.

..Al

Hmmm...

I would think that free boxes from USPS are cheaper than bubble envelopes. :roll: