IGNORED

Activision Quest Updates?

StanJr

Didn't sky say he was going to update the scores? I sent some in middle of the week, but they are not up. Not trying to bug ya, dude, just asking.

Anybody here got a score for Ice Hockey or Crackpots yet? Man I suck at Crackpots, especially on the emu.

And did you know, I think due to speed, the geese patterns on Barnstorming are different on the emu compared to the VCS????

I wish I could contribute some scores.. been way busy with Space Treat lately :roll:

About Barnstorming... the speed should change between PAL/NTSC, but didn't know about the patterns!

Which emus have you tested on, Stan?

greets,

Rasty.-

I've been playing on StellaX (its the only one I know how to take screenshots on).

The pattern isn't different, I misspoke, the timing of the patterns is. The geese and/or windmills, barns move at different rates on the VCS than they do on the emu.

Anybody here got a score for Ice Hockey or Crackpots yet?  Man I suck at Crackpots, especially on the emu.  

For some reason, I've never been able to get the hang of Crackpots. My efforts on an emulator have been especially pathetic. :sad: I've whipped the computer on Ice Hockey, but I can't say I've done so in any kind of spectacular way, so I've been hesitant to send in any of my scores. :?

I did send in some new scores to Liquid a little while back, but they haven't been posted. From a few of his posts, I get the idea that he's having a hellacious time at his new job, and has had a hard time carving out the time to update the Quest.

StanJr -

You can find ALL the Activision patch scores here.  

http://www.atariage.com/2600/archives/acti...on_patches.html  

The score for Plaque Attack is: 35,000  

I actually had that one as a kid.

*Phew!* I can claim a patch. I always die around the 80K mark, I find it very hard to avoid the dentures past then.

Adam

Ok, dude, totally understandable. Try to relax.

Stampede is easy :P :) :D Just kidding, don't kill me. It is totally hard. Getting to 3000 isn't too bad, anything over that is nearly impossible. That 5000+ score I got was a miracle. I played like 40 games in a row and just got into a groove. Learn the patterns and how to use them to your advantage. The game is as much "herding" the dogies forward as it is ropin' 'em!!!

Good luck!

Stanpede :D

Krisjon wrote -

Pardon the question, but why have the chosen Activision titles been chosen? I'm not seeing, for example, River Raid or Beamrider.

I think its just that no scores have been submitted yet. With 50 or so games there'll be a lot that arent up there, if you have patch winning scores send em in and join in the fun.

StanJr wrote -

Ok, dude, totally understandable. Try to relax.

Stampede is easy Just kidding, don't kill me. It is totally hard. Getting to 3000 isn't too bad, anything over that is nearly impossible. That 5000+ score I got was a miracle. I played like 40 games in a row and just got into a groove. Learn the patterns and how to use them to your advantage. The game is as much "herding" the dogies forward as it is ropin' 'em!!!

I'm upto 3200 now and am beginning to learn the patters but the 3rd bum steer is really dragging me down man :x , i always forget about it or reach it with three really slow ones at the opposite side of the screen.

Adam

Adam

You should rope your 3rd bum steer LONG before 3000 (if that is what you meant)

After about your10th bum steer, the computer does something odd. It starts to leave tracks of cattle empty (you may only have 3 or 4 dogies on the screen!) This usually happens to me around 3500. This will give you a short breather before things get busy again.

Keep the red calves in front of you, then pick them off methodically so you can control the flow of cattle.

Good luck and good ropin'!

The games are picked by liquid sky, you'll have to ask him why so few of the heavy hitters are in the list right now. Fear not though, I'm sure he plans to include ALL Activision games that win patches in the quest!

StanJr wrote -

You should rope your 3rd bum steer LONG before 3000 (if that is what you meant)

I didnt explain that well, i always lose my first life on the 3rd bum steer, i hit 3000 (and usually die) about the 7th one.

i'll just have to keep trying, practice makes perfect :roll:

Thanks for the tips :wink:

Adam

Does anyone know of any companies currently doing anything even vaguely like the old Activision patches? There are plenty of arcade-esq games out there with a score or time that's hard to get. I haven't gotten over 50k in Crazy Taxi yet -- that could easily be a score that you could photograph, send off and receive something like a mini licence plate or other peice of merchandise.

Of have ideas like the patches been completely replaced by things like "unlocking" new features?