IGNORED

My wife found this today for 10 bucks

edweird13

Yes, I've tried most of them. Just got done working with Allan Alcorn on doing an accurate port of the original PONG, who held the same opinion. You have to understand, that unless you have access to the original diagrams and understand the nuances of the hardware timings and logic used to reproduce it, you're not going to reproduce it accurately. You'll just get something that reproduces the perception of the general gameplay concept, and to the average person that's usually (unfortunately) been enough.

Indeed, I find it interesting that the GI pong chip only uses four angles (two upward and two downward), when Atari's original Pong game used seven?

mame box calling!

I agree gonna get a LCD and make a mame box.

I think you could either put an XBOX in there for a quick and dirty MAME set up and just get some of the arcade controllers for the XBOX or you could put a nice PC based set up in there either way...i just think that would make a sweet MAME set up all around...I love it and the fact you "could" rig up the coin slots to work...you have endless potential with that thing...just depends on how much effort you can put in to it...i wouldn't even consider trying to put it back to original myself.