IGNORED

Yars Revenge Red Label how rare is it?

Trade-N-Games

Thanks AL, I see its a pal game, so its not somthing I would need to get for my collection.

:)  :(  :(

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Pitbull. I have a red label Yars' Revenge, which I found locally in the wild, and its onscreen display is indistinguishable from any of the dozen non-red Yars' Revenge carts that I have. But since I've never actually had it ROM dumped, I can't say with certainty that it's NTSC. However, I will say that I'm 99.9% confident that it is.

Ben

if anyone has the (red) box yars revenge. i would be interested!! as far as how rare they are i have not seen too many of them!! or should i say i've seen more quadruns then yars' revenge (red) on ebay.. (maybe i not looking hard enough!) :D

Take care,

Rick

I, too, found my red label Yar's Revenge in the wild - it plays as any other Yar's Revenge would - and since I found it here in Indiana - the heart of the NTSC format - I don't think mine is PAL either. I can't imagine a PAL cartridge making it's way out HERE... Dunno - just a thought

I'm in Virginia and over the last 5 years I have found at least a dozen red label Yars'. I seriously doubt they were PAL only. I have found some PAL games in the area since there are a lot of military people here but I can't believe the vast majority of them would all be the same title. Of course I can dump it if needed and confirm that it is identical to the regular release.

AlanD

I have a copy of red label yars revenge and it 'IS' NTSC.The rarity listing here at Atariage is probably for the PAL version,and if not,then a 3 is too low,the NTSC red label version should be at least a 5;and this topic should probably be in the rarity topic area, but what do I know?

Thanks for the help with my carts that I have found. I was thinking that it could rank a 5 on the scale also. I guess a regular version would be worth around $2 or so at a store and this copy might go for around $10? The next question is does it have its own set of instructions or different box?

I found a red label Yar's Revenge in my town in the wild too (CINCINNATI). It is NTSC and it came with no box or instructions. I know a friend of mine has a complete one but he wouldn't trade it. I think it's safe to say at this point that the red label yar's revenge was released in NTSC and PAL with the PAL one being more common.