IGNORED

First Night Playing With My Wii (dirty innuendo intended)

Tempest

To help break in my Wii, I decided to call up my brother and his girlfriend to come over and have a Wii party. I managed to pick up a third controller with Wii Play, so we each had one. Unfortunately I haven't unlocked the multi-player portion of Warioware yet (whose dumb idea was it to have the multi-player portion of a party game locked until the single player mode is beaten?), so we spent most of the night playing Wii-Sports. We had an absolute blast screwing around with the games! Naturally we all were pretty bad at the games, but we still had alot of fun. It turns out my brother (who I think last played a video game back in 1990) is a pro at Wii-Bowling and proceeded to kick my sorry butt each time we played (first time he's beaten me at a game since I was 5). Wii Golf was my best game, as it take a bit more finesse and they kept over shooting the hole. Wii-Tennis was fun in short spurts, and the baseball game was neat but we were all really bad at it (all our games ended in 0-0 ties). Unfortunately we didn't get around to Wii-Boxing, maybe next time.

I'm not sure how the Wii will age, but for right now it's alot of fun. I don't think it will be my console of choice for playing serious games (like RPG's or adventure games), but for party and mini-games it seems to be king. The Wii was worth the $250, and I strongly recommend it to anyone who is looking for something a bit different.

I'm having another Wii-Party tonight with my old college friends, so maybe it's time to break out Elebits...

Tempest

youll get better at baseball.. i didnt like it much for the same reason.. but now that im swinging properly like a bat and getting better by playing the computer to "rank" up, im getting some games with 7 or so points on my side, the other team more than me sometimes.. its a blast. its a really good system for more "seroius" games as well, not just mulitplayer romps. i URGE you to play zelda and sonic , both great games. Lots of games coming out this year, and some new IPS, and a lot of 3rd party support so far.. im personally really excited about Medal of Honor right now.

Anywho, enjoy it.. its a blast, i have 9 disk games so far for it already, and a few VC games.. youll have a blast ((and im really glad i didnt get wario ware from what i heard))

(and im really glad i didnt get wario ware from what i heard))

Warioware is fun, but the fact that you have to unlock multiplayer is plain stupid. The controller forms in the game are hit and miss, some are cool while others are stupid and don't work well (like the Mohawk). Still, it's alot of fun.

Tempest

(and im really glad i didnt get wario ware from what i heard))

Warioware is fun, but the fact that you have to unlock multiplayer is plain stupid. The controller forms in the game are hit and miss, some are cool while others are stupid and don't work well (like the Mohawk). Still, it's alot of fun.

Tempest

hmm.. like a lot of games that im weary of , ill wait for a price drop. hell.. even the madden at the used game place for 38 is too much to me, esp for a game that will be worth a penny by next year. Anywho, id pay around 30 for wario just like i did for the cube one. other games im waiting for price drops would be far cry, call of duty... and well.. i think i already own all the others id want to buy haha.