IGNORED

SpartaDOS construction set disk image needed

Gunstar

I have a 1050 disk drive with ICD's US Doubler, which also came with the SpartaDOS construction set. I still have the manuals, but have lost the original construction set disk and would like a copy to include with the drive and manuals which I am about to put up for sale. I'm wondering if anyone has either an .ATR or .MSA disk image of the SpartaDOS Construction Set dislk they could post in this thread or maybe send to me in a PM. VERY much appreciated if someone can. I can't seem to find it online anywhwere. I'm willing to PAY for the back-up copy, I can Paypal someone for an image.

post-149-1172537717_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gunstar

Thanks guys. I have what I need now. While I didn't get a disk image of THE SpartaDOS Construction Set disk, I have now aquired all the files and utilities that were originally on it and much more (like the newer 3.2G version&utilities; IIRC, the newest version on the original disk was 3.1 or 3.2a or something similiar). I find it strange that I couldn't find the actual files/programs through a google search, just reviews and faq sheets, etc., yet they do exist on the net as proven by the links left here. Well, I have the sites in my favorite list now, and many of the files downloaded to my HD now too. I appreciate all the help and especially the 3 ATR utility disk images sent to me. I am still dumbfounded as to why I can't find my original disk anyway; I had it kept safe for 2 decades, and suddenly when I finally decide to sell my last USD enhanced drive (in favor of Duplicator upgraded drive), that I no longer have the disk. Murphy's law... :roll:

I am nearly certain that the disk will resurface at some point, of course long after the drive has been sold.

Edited by Gunstar

There are several versions of SpartaDOS, but AFAIK there is a single version of SpartaDos Construction Set.

SDCS has three sides in two disks. One side has version 2.x, other side has version 1.x, and the last one has a demo. If you are interested in matching the original, I can check exactly which version comes in which side.

If you find the originals, be careful. Many copies of SDCS are damaged or can get damaged as soon as you insert them on the drive.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here they are. There is supposed to be a 2.x side but I can't find it.

SDCS_G1_SD32d.atr

SDCS_P1_SD11.atr

SDCS_P2_games.atr

SDMIO_1.atr

SDPRC_1.atr

SDPRC_2.atr

Construction set Grey disk 1, Purple Disk 1 and 2.

MIO

PRConnection 1 and 2. (not bootable, oddly enough)

MD5:

MD5 (SDCS_G1_SD32d.atr) = 207ec912287c27e488de65ef518e2d9a

MD5 (SDCS_P1_SD11.atr) = 97c05144fd31935ae211fb3ffb689e3f

MD5 (SDCS_P2_games.atr) = a830dc179539e798eb24675f3f7e35a2

MD5 (SDMIO_1.atr) = 3438e7af89ee795e129e32506d54dcee

MD5 (SDPRC_1.atr) = 11fd37539bfb32ae02c7b2ac7f9d8437

MD5 (SDPRC_2.atr) = fa0f4f94450f76c5b4c25ffc0e7b78c5

I might have one more SD master disk laying around. If I find it, I'll update this post.

sd.zip

Edited by kheller2

Thanks!

Ok, here they are. There is supposed to be a 2.x side but I can't find it.

Would it just be a copy of the original 2.3 release, or would the re-release for the Construction Set be different?

If it's the same as the original, you should be able to snag it from the Holmes archive link above (same link repeated here: http://www.langesite.com/atari/Holmes/Holm...ting%20Systems/ )