IGNORED

Is There A Composite Mod For PAL 2600 Jr

Math You

Does anyone know if there is a composite video+audio mod for a PAL 2600 Jr? I've damaged the ferrite screw in the tuning inductor so converting it to composite is probably the only way I can get it working again.

I'm not too good with electronics so something profesionally fitted would be best.

Thanks

Matt

Does anyone know if there is a composite video+audio mod for a PAL 2600 Jr? I've damaged the ferrite screw in the tuning inductor so converting it to composite is probably the only way I can get it working again.

I'm not too good with electronics so something profesionally fitted would be best.

Yes, you just need to wire the outputs to different pins, from memory it was 2,5,7,8 on the NTSC one and 2,5,6,7 on the PAL one, maybe vice versa.

Of course converting probably costs more than a new Jr. these days...!

Of course converting probably costs more than a new Jr. these days...!

That's what I was thinking. I originally wanted a Flashback 2 but when I heard they weren't making a PAL version I bought a new 2600 Jr from France and some UK games to go with it.

It's all getting very expensive :sad: Maybe I should have stuck with the emulator.

Well, I tried the composite mod from the Atari Age website and it didn't work. There was no sound and the picture kept scrolling up. Maybe it only works with NTSC consoles or one of the other 2600 Jr's.

I did try connecting a couple of resistors together and got a very good black and white picture aswell as sound. What I don't understand is why the sound only came on when the picture was clear?

I don't suppose anyone has a pin out for the stella chip?

Thanks for the link.

I've been experimenting all day and think I've found something that works. It's all been trial and error though. At first the picture looked very bright with red looking pink and brown looking more like orange. I tried connecting another pin that made things look more natural.

Here's a picture if anyone's interested.

BTW. This is the 'attract' mode and not the actual game.

post-12382-1172954835_thumb.jpg

Edited by MRB

• 3 months later...

Would this help?

http://www.8bitdomain.com/proddetail.php?p...9f58446ccc717ab

I know most of you would probably rather do the entire mod yourself but I got one of these kits for a light sixer and loved it. Of course I'm not very skilled at all the techie things that most of you probably are good at. The good news is I'm getting better though! Modding my first atari was a hugh confidence builder, not to mention fun as hell! Next I'm going to attempt to refurb my personal heavy sixer. Thats gonna take a while but what the hell...

Was anyone succsessfull with an pal 2600jr? I Have added composite and audio out to my pal 7800 some month ago and got a good picture, but also the 2600part would be very nice. I have all 2600 boxes (except the heavy sixer) so its not the problem to make an other mod with an black, ord light six.

Would this help?

[url=http://www.8bitdomain.com/proddetail.php?

Looks really good. I wish I'd have waited a while before trying to mod the console myself.

The 8bitdomain stuff is really excelent, I have installed the 7800 one, and I am waiting for a 6 switch and 5200 one :thumbsup:

This is what Frogger looks like. Incidentley, whenever I collect the bonus frog from the moving log, the players green frog turns red so it cant be seen if you jump back to the middle section of the screen. Does anyone know if this is supposed to happen?

post-12382-1183239401_thumb.jpg

Edited by MRB

• 4 weeks later...

I did the mod as per MRB's pic in this thread - works great (better than some of the other ones on Australian PAL Jr's) a lot simpler as well - I will try to give it a few tweaks and see if it makes any difference

Edited by ravenxau