IGNORED

1982 Taito ZooKeeper and empty cabinets

AtariMan1976

I have a 1982 ZooKeeper cabinet by Taito. Still has original monitor which i'll need to recap. Had been converted to something else and painted but i'm getting the paint off without damaging the artwork. Inside seems to be complete as far as i can tell except the boards arent the right ones. Has a golf game board in it right now. Does anyone know where i can get the zookeeper boards and what do i exactly need to get this thing running? I also would like to know where i could get the bezel art, marquee, and control panel overlay. I'm also interested in where i could get empty or non-working cabinets. Are there any known places where i could find cabinets for free? or at least cheap?

Heh, I have the exact same thing except mine was converted to an Arch Rivals machine. Unfortunately there isn't much left of mine except the cab (which needs to the paint scrapped off) and the monitor because they ripped out the guts and put in some JAMMA crap. I still keep the cab thinking I'm going to turn it into a Zookeeper one of these days.

Tempest

i here ya there. thats exactly what i'm going to do is restore it. Thats another issue i'll have to deal with as mine has jamma too. They turned it into U.S. Classic by Taito. Anyway, i'm lucky the black paint flakes right off. I have the front completely clear and a good part of the right side. Still a long way to go tho.