IGNORED

PAL Xonox Info revealed...

-^CrossBow^-

A few weeks ago, a member on these boards (Trey), send me what he believed to be PAL xonox carts. He sent them to me so that the carts could be dumped and scanned...etc...

My humble thanks in Trey for trusting me with these rare items. After just over a week of looking at these things...I am pretty sure they are the real deal and indeed are PAL xonox double enders. I have sent the roms to Thomas and Eckhard for furter analysis to see if they are indeed PAL. But below are some of my findings:

For one on actual appearance Trey's carts didn't look any different from any other Xonox double enders I had seen. The labels and everything appeard to match. Then when I grabbed my Xonox double ender of Ghost manor and Spike's Peak...I noticed this:

Xonoxdiff.jpg

As you can see the carts look the same except for one major difference. The cart shell on Trey's is made from a Black dye instead of the Grey dye that I usually see. Interesting...

Here is also a scan of Trey's Robin Hood and Lancelot double ender cart:

Pal_RBNLNC.jpg

Again this cart is also in the black colored casing. I have dumped both of these as I stated before and from my play testing of the roms and in my actual 7800, I believe they are PAL. The colors are different for one...the music and gameplay is slower...and also all of these work fine on my 7800 and TV combo...except that part of the very upper part of the screen is cutoff from view. Still very playable but some of the score is chopped for some games.

Much higher Resolution scans of these carts individually have been done and Albert and Alex you will find those and the rom dumps on the AtariAge FTP in my account.

BTW...I made this post in celebration of my 1000th posting here to AtariAge....finally!

Also again, my thanks to Trey for trusting me with his stuff.

Hope this info is usefull and can be added to where ever it needs be.

8)

Does anyone know more about the 2 different types of label styles that you get with Xonox double-enders? Which type is earliest? Which type seems to be the most uncommon? Are they from different parts of the World?

For example, my PAL Xonox Robin Hood/Sir Lancelot is the same as the NTSC scan in the AA database, whereas Trey's (posted above) is of the "diagonal" style.

Also, are all double enders available in both styles? I've not seen an Artillery Duel/Super Kung Fu in the diagonal style for example - Only in the straight style like the scan (of my cart) here in the database.

Cheers

Steve/Jobf